Look no further than your own backyard for great gifts.
This guide is produced by the Dumbo Improvement District.
Keep in touch! DUMBO@DUMBONYC.ORG or @DUMBOBROOKLYN.
Dumbo has your (gift) guide to the holidays.
1. Loop of the Loom. Handwoven chicken potholder. This handwoven potholder is a best seller for over 12 years! Place a self-standing hen on the kitchen counter without hanging on a hook or hiding in a drawer. This cute hen potholder is the best gift for your mom or friends who love cooking! $38.
2. Front General Store. Sprinkles Ornament. Shake a little sweetness into someone’s life. $12.
3. Zaruma Gold Coffee. Chocolate Covered Pineapple. Luscious fruit-coated in 55% Ecuadorian chocolate, made with cacao fino de aroma, the world’s finest cacao beans of which Ecuador is the number one producer. These cacao beans are floral, fruity and have a balanced flavor. $7.99.
4. M Collection. Sub text ice cubes. Drop SUB-TEXT cubes in your drinks, and say a little something without opening your mouth. Food-safe silicone tray makes four 2 inch cubes, molded with four pithy acronyms. $15.
5. This Latin America. Colorful Large Glass. Handcrafted in Tonala, Mexico using locally sourced recycled glass and alternative energy, the glass is remarkably sturdy and durable enough to withstand the rigors of daily use. Every glass is blown by hand meaning that no two are alike. $15.
1. Valrhona. Holiday Assorted Gift Box (25 chocolates.) Valrhona’ beloved 25-piece assorted gift box of 8 varieties of chocolate bonbons gets a limited edition holiday wrapping. $34.99
2. Jacques Torres. Candy Cane Hot Chocolate. Jacques famous classic hot chocolate with a festive twist for the ultimate holiday cup. $25.
3. Oddfellows. Home for the Holidays Capsule. A six pack of ice cream pints includes Buckeye, Coquito, Italian Cookie Crunch, Olive Oil Jelly Donut, and Poppycock. $65 for the capsule, or $10 per pint.
4. One Girl Cookies. Holiday cookie tray. A selection of One Girl Cookie’s classic cookie flavors and holiday specials. $80.
1. Dumbo Wellness. All in the Family Massage Package. A discount massage package for the new or seasoned parents. It’s a family effort so everyone deserves a massage. 20% off a Pregnancy Massage and 20% off a Custom Massage. Promotion valid through 12/26/21. $Varies.
2. Valrhona. Advent Calendar. Discover 25 treats hidden within the Valrhona Advent Calendar. Each of the 25 treasure boxes is packed with an assortment of chocolates -- everything to satisfy young and old with an extra-special surprise on December 25th. $24.99.
3. Powerhouse Arena. Enola Holmes: The Case of the Missing Marquess. Meet Enola Holmes, teenage girl turned detective and the younger sister to Sherlock Holmes. For ages 8-12. $7.99.
4. Powerhouse Arena. Bodega Cat. In Bodega Cat, a cat named Chip takes us through his bustling workday at the Matos family's bodega. A slice of city life that celebrates the people who give New York its heart. $17.99.
5. Usagi. Dog Painting. Framed, by Eiji Tamura. $30.
6. Two Kids And Dog Shop. Crystal Growing Dinosaur Crystal Terrarium. STEM kit children from 10 years of age and plus can grow their very own crystals and make an awesome dinosaur & crystal terrarium! $24.99.
7. Two Kids And Dog Shop. Robot Pop It. Play with your robot shaped pop it. An endless bit of bubble wrap in a molded tray. Once you pop one side, flip it and pop the other. $14.99.
8. Two Kids And Dog Shop. Magna-Tiles Sesame Street Garbage Truck. This colorful construction set teacheskids about helping the planet through recycling, planting trees, and conserving energy. The included Magna-Tiles building pieces feature images of Oscar the Grouch and Elmo, and can be assembled into a truck, a garbage. $54.
9. The Modern Chemist. Blockitecture Big Apple. Build the world you want to see with Blockitecture, a set of architectural building blocks. Cantilever and nest hexagonal blocks to create towers, cities and dwellings inspired by the architecture and public spaces of New York City. Recommended for Ages 6 and up. $150.
10. Two Kids And Dog Shop. Tie Dye Helmet. This Nutcase helmet in XXS is engineered, tested and CPSC-certified for 1 year of age and older. $59.99.
11. Two Kids And Dog Shop. Klutz Mini Grocery Store. Make a super-cute supermarket! Create more than 20 cute clay characters from every aisle of the grocery store: meat, produce, frozen food, and canned goods. Then make a papercraft shopping basket. $27.99.
12. Two Kids And Dog Shop. Grumpy Bear. The Care Bears are back! The iconic 80’s brand and original toy collectibles expression is ready to meet a whole new generation of kids! $12.99.
13. One Yoga House. The Little ONE: Kids' Yoga. Yoga isn’t just for grown-ups! Our special Kids’ Yoga class is hosted by Yogie Land, a kids’ musical yoga adventure for ages 6 months to 8 years old, that incorporates storytelling, live original music, and immersive puppetry. Yogie Land and ONEYOGAHOUSE also team up to host birthday parties for your little ones! *Masks required for kids 2+yrs; one-time proof of vaccination for adults. 5-Class Package: $165.
14. 1212. The Compliment Sweatshirt. The best superhero get-up since capes! In celebration of World Kindness Day this year, 12|12 and allyoos reveal a really special limited-edition sweatshirt: The Compliment Sweatshirt. $68.
15. Glam Expressway. Kiddo Masks. Sized for the littles and in a range of fun prints. $10.
1. The Tagua. Vegetable Ivory Bracelets. These colorful, plant-based bracelets are one-of-a-kind and made from tagua, a nut native to Colombia. $25.
2. Aegir Boardworks. Beanie. Did you also know that acrylic hats are the best weapon against Martian thought-probes? Well, we knew, and that’s why we’ve created a fetching collection of soft, cozy beanies. Stay warm - and free of alien control - with Aegir. $30.
3. House Of Yoshe. Bali Maxi Dress. Sexy maxi dress in a romantic floral print reveals the right amount of skin with a pleated plunging v-neckline and a matching built-in bodysuit that shows off a dramatic front slit. Features pleated cold shoulder long sleeves, cutout detailing at the waist, a long length hem and an eye-catching gold snake brooch. $200.
4. Glam Expressway. Orange Zebra Cardigan.On trend and chic, Our Orange Zebra Cardigan Sweater will add a pop of style to your wardrobe. This bright and fun sweater has an orange and cream zebra print, long sleeves and front button closure. Wear it closed or over a tank top for versatility! $88.
5. The Emerald Gem Exchange. Blue Sapphire Ring. Sapphire is known as the wisdom stone, each color having its own particular wisdom. It focuses and calms the mind and releases unwanted thoughts and mental tension. Bringing in peace of mind and serenity, Sapphire aligns the physical, mental, and spiritual planes and restores balance within the body. This ring is sized 8, but can be resized. Set in Sterling Silver. $1,888.
6. House Of Yoshe. Doha Paisley Top. Dare to be different when adding this unique statement piece to your fall fashion wardrobe. Pair with a cute high heel or thigh high boot and handbag for a complete look! $100.
7. Glam Expressway. Black Quilted Beanie. Gorgeous black metallic puffy beanie hat with cute Pom poms. This hat is ultra warm and on trend with fleece lining and a shiny quilted pattern. One size fits all. $40.
8. Salon Dumbo. LANZA Moi Moi Hair Mask. This deep moisture therapy formula is ideal for extremely dry hair. It contains Blue Moisture Pearls to instantly release concentrated hydrators without weighing down hair, and is great for all hair types -- straight, curly, or bleached. $38.50.
9. The Emerald Gem Exchange. Royal Amethyst bracelet. Amethyst is an extremely powerful and protective stone with high spiritual vibration. It guards against psychic attacks, transmuting this energy into love. A natural tranquilizer, Amethyst blocks geopathic stress and negative environmental energies. Its serenity enhances higher state of consciousness and meditation. Amethyst has strong healing and cleansing powers, and enhances spiritual awareness. $93.
10. Glam Expressway. Ruffled Cardigan. Gorgeous, sweet and well made best describes our Ruffled Cardigan. This cute oat colored, V-neck cardigan sweater has floral embroidery and ruffles for a pretty & sophisticated look. This cozy, knit sweater is the perfect statement piece for any Fall/Winter event! $90.
11. Glam Expressway. Sky Blue Twist Knit Sweater. Beautiful, soft, warm and cozy best describe our Sky Blue Twist Knot Sweater. Delicate and luxurious with a pop of color. This gorgeous sweater comes in one size. Dress it up or down. A true statement piece. $90.
12. Yesaet. Cashmere sweater. One of a kind, botanically dyed, 100% reclaimed cashmere sweaters. The best gifts are sustainable! Cozy, chic, timeless. Hand dyed using herbs and flowers from The North Fork in Long Island NY. $595.
13. Loop of the Loom. Organic Cotton Roomy Socks Gift Set. Masuhisa’s popular wellness gift set for women. This set comes with popular five-toe socks and soft roomy socks for relaxing at home or going out with your favorite comfort shoes. These are knitted with organic galabo-spun cotton which can adjust your temperature and moisture. $45.
14. Front General Store. Black Leather Purse. Handmade in Japan. $128.
15. Scotch and Soda. Orchard Sunglasses. These oversized sunglasses are crafted with thoughtful details that make them truly unique. They're made from shiny stainless steel with adjustable nose pads to make sure they sit just right. The octagonal frames are rimless on top with rounded edges on the bottom and are fitted with UV-protected gradient tinted lenses. The slender temples are decorated with sunburst engravings and logo lettering at the tips. Case and polishing cloth included. $164.
16. Two New York. Rose multi-stripe Caftan. A one of a kind sari caftan in a semi sheer lightweight cotton, adorned with colorful lines in muted tones from gold, pink. ochre to olive green. $410.
17. Thea Grant Design. Lockets. Shop Thea Grant’s assortment of Vintage and antique lockets in silver, gold, gold fill and brass. In store only. $50 to $800.
18. Fluevog. Amadeus. The Poser Amadeus plays with swirls better than your local soft serve ice cream joint! Taking a few cues from their more classic Edie, The Amadeus adds some extra dimension to the game with swirly leather contrast layers. $315.
19. Yesaet. Cotton poncho. This Hand-loomed, all gender, 100% cotton ponchos are handmade artisanal luxury. Style over your puffer jacket or your bikini apres beach! $325.
20. Ad Astra. Starburst Posts. Sterling silver with zircons. $79.
21. Rodd and Gunn. Alton Ave 1/4 Zip Sweater. A mid weight mock neck sweat, in a cotton French rib. The fabric features a softly brushed surface for ultimate comfort and warmth. Simple and straight to the point, the breathable cotton fabric is an ideal transeasonal weight and makes layering easy. $98.50.
22. Schott NYC. Waxy Natural Cowhide 50's Perfecto® Motorcycle Leather Jacket. The 519 is made from hand cut panels of full aniline, mid-weight cowhide with a soft, buttery feel that will last for years without the need for treatments or conditioners. The 3-oz quilted insulation keeps you comfortable and warm. $900.
23. Thea Grant Design. Custom Engraving. Thea Grant does custom stamp engraving on the spot using reclaimed metals (brass, copper, silver, gold and goldfill) and with antique tools and stamps. In store only. $8 to $150
24. Feed. Elephant Family Pouch. Inspired by the global adventurer in all of us, our graphic animal pouches are back and cuter than ever. The Elephant Family Pouch features a pale blue cotton canvas exterior and leather zipper detailing, and is the perfect canvas carryall to keep all of your day-to-night essentials in one place and organized. Artisan-made. 10 meals. $38.
25. Davide Cantoni: It’s a Green Tree: miniTREE. An attractive, sustainable and symbolic alternative to reduce the current environmental impact of Christmas. These products are flat-packed re-reusable trees called Alberello, Italian for “little tree” and with care will last for decades, and unlike plastic, when discarded they will degrade naturally. $80.
1. This is Latin America. Small Black Planter with Face and Details. This planter is the it-piece of the month, handmade in Puebla with a traditional technique. Burnished clay technique, handmade by Pascuala Balderas of Reyes Menzontla, Puebla. $28.
2. La Catrina Flower Studio. Flower Delivery. Fresh flowers delivered each week! $Varies.
3. Oh My Millie. ohmymille. Must Love Dogs Block Crew Neck. Must love dogs - say it loud, say it proud!️ This sweatshirt features a bound ribbed neckband, ribbed sleeve cuffs, and raglan sleeves. It's made from a cotton, poly, rayon organic and recycled material blend mix. A portion of all proceeds benefits dogs needing homes. $74.99.
4. Le Chien Bleu. Bark Jacobs Bleu. A cozy, faux lamb fleece-lined coat in by Marc Jacobs designer fabrics - just in time for cold weather. $125.
5. Pup Culture. Love Sweater. Hand knit Alpaca Chillydog LOVE dog sweater made in 8 sizes to fit every dog! Alpaca is a natural fiber that will truly keep your dog warm in harsh winters. Starts at $40.
6. West Elm. Dapper Animal Ceramic Measuring Cups. A charming kitchen addition for the animal-obssessed, created in collaboration with Rachel Kozlowski. $32.
7. Burson and Reynolds. Ceramic Cat Tray. This stoneware tray makes for a convenient catchall for keys, loose change and small accessories. Dimensions: 4" x 5 1/4". $18.
8. The Modern Chemist. Head and Heal CBD Dog Treats. High quality dog treats made from all natural ingredients that support calming, as well as hip & joint pain relief. $20.
1. Legacy Dumbo. Personal Vinyl Curation. Won't be making it in anytime soon? Have a loved one that either loves or is just getting into vinyl? Accept our Monthly recommendation with a subscription plan curated towards your individual mood, taste, curiosity and vibe. Let someone else do the digging for a change.$25 - $150.
2. This is Latin America. Raw Clay Flowers Calavera Skull. Made in Atzompa, Oaxaca by Master Rufina Ruiz. Just raw clay and a lot of details. Every skull has a different flower design, which makes it a unique piece. $199.
3. Front General Store. Hasami Porcelain Mug. Created from porcelain made from natural Amakusa pottery stones mixed with potter's clay, the appeal of Hasami Porcelain lies in its textured feel on your lips and in your hands. This mug is much more sleek and refined than earthenware, yet compared to ordinary porcelain its texture is pleasantly organic-feeling. $30.
4. Burson and Reynolds. Sunflowers and Ladybugs Tapestry Blanket. This blanket makes you feel just like you’re in a field of bright Yellow Sunflowers with little pops of red ladybugs. Sunny & cheerful, all in a lightweight cotton blanket. 50"x68" not including fringe. 100% Cotton. $118.
5. M Collection. Demi Recliner. The Demi recliner from Lafer is truly a modern design recliner with Lafer's patented stylish and ergonomic features. The Demi recliner is designed by Percival Lafer. $1,999.
6. Usagi. Kinto Coffee Brewer. Designed based on an octagon, the 2-cup OCT Kinto Brewer features clean lines and a beautiful contour. It is filled with subtle details that ensure comfort in brewing and drinking coffee. The handle of the cup and jug look sharp yet is comfortable to hold, and the rim of the cup is thin yet smooth on the mouth. With elegant texture and form, they are perfect for displaying as interior items when not in use. $30.
1. Smack Mellon. Membership. By becoming a member of Smack Mellon, your support enables nearly one hundred emerging and under-recognized artists to create ambitious new projects, develop new bodies of work and share unparalleled projects with public audiences each year. Membership perks include invitations to members-only events, swag and of course, lots of credit! $Varies.
2. St. Ann’s Warehouse. Membership. Join one of New York’s most storied theaters, and long time Dumbo arts institution! Membership perks include pre-sale privileges, invites to exclusive member events, access to all streaming content and more. $Varies.
3. Jaimie Walker. BK Love Letter. A time capsule of found discarded objects, literature and print media collected over the years & layered with acrylic & gouach. Now, preserved forever, in a love letter. 4’x5’. $15,000.
4. Craig Anthony Miller. Hummingbird Series. You may recognize long-time Dumbo artist CAM’s work from his murals around the neighborhood. His iconic work plays with elephant and bird imagery in a colorful, mosaic-like way, his signature. $Varies.
5. Tanya Rynd. Self Portrait. Long-time Dumbo artist and co-founder of beloved Superfine Restaurant, Rynd’s paintings wield a poetic tour de force, exposing a mythic examination of the self and a larger translation of humanity. Many of the works are self portraits. $Varies.
6. Klompching Gallery. William Miller Print. A special edition of Ruined Polaroid #40, by William Miller from the Ruined Polaroids series. 12.3 x 10" image on 14" x 11" sheet. Signed/Numbered + Gallery Certificate. $300.
7. 20x200. Berenice Abbott’s Manhattan Bridge, Manhattan. In this striking shot of the Manhattan Bridge, the metal structure looms over the two men walking across its span. We get that sense of awe from Berenice Abbott's line-driven photograph, taken in 1935 as part of her series documenting the gentrification and physical changes to New York City. For us, the Manhattan Bridge is an iconic structure in the city's infrastructure, but for Abbott, it was part of a changing New York. Limited edition; museum quality. 11x14 with custom frame: $250.
8. Art Wise. Alexander Calder: Deck of 100 Helisse Postcards. Vintage first edition 1982 promotional postcard printed in lithography by Pace advertising Calder's upcoming exhibition at the gallery in Columbus, Ohio, home of the first woman to fly a plane around the world! Geraldine Mock flew around the world in a single-engine Cessna named the Spirit of Columbus in 1964. $125.
9. Minus Space. Robert Swain’s Untitled, Study for 9x9 Red Green, 2021. Acrylic on canvas
36 x 36 inches #RS57. $13,000.
10. Jen Ferguson. Almost There. Oil on canvas, 9" x 12". Original oil painting. $1,200.
1. Powerhouse Arena. DUMBO: The Making of a New York Neighborhood by Paul Goldberger. The illustrated history of a seminal New York neighborhood--a story of birth, decline, and renewal, of high design, of grit and glamour--a tale of real estate wrangling, of art, of commerce. $65.
2. Superfine Dumbo. Sweatshirt. Rock your love of Superfine in Dumbo and beyond with this super comfy sweatshirt. $35.
3. Gleason’s Gym. Hoodie. Sweat in style in this hoodie from Dumbo (and North America’s!) oldest boxing gym. $50
4. Jane’s Carousel. Jane’s Carousel, by Jane Walnetas. The story of one woman's remarkable 25-year odyssey to restore the beloved carousel at Brooklyn Bridge Park. Available for purchase in person at the Carousel. $68.
5. Front Street Pizza. Baseball Cap. Because nothing says neighborhood pizza joint like a green cap. $20.
1. The Modern Chemist. x @dumbobrooklyn. Tote Bag. These upcycled totes are made from street pole banners featuring some of Dumbo’s best public art! Available exclusively at The Modern Chemist on Water St. $40.
2. The Modern Chemist. Unicorn Magic Tumbler. 16 oz. $29.99
3. Feed. XL Market Tote. Designed for everything from shopping and errand-running, to road trips and beach days. Made from GOTS certified Organic cotton that has been eco-starched, this structured bag is designed to be lightweight, so you can easily tote more, without weighing you down. Can easily hold 10 bottles of wine or 4 gallons of milk. Purchase provides 50 meals. $148.
4. Burson and Reynolds. Swedish Sponge Cloth. 1 cloth = 40 rolls of paper towels! Lots of colors and prints to choose from. $6.
1. One Yoga House. The Still ONE: Sound Journey + Breathwork. Sound has been used for its therapeutic qualities for centuries. This powerful medium is known to inspire a change in state and self-reflection. Using overtone emitting instruments and gentle breathwork, you will be guided inward in a 90-minute immersive sonic journey to help deepen your connection to Self. 90 minute monthly workshop. $50
2. Soul Of Lotus Acupuncture. Gift certificates. Choose denominations of $80, $120 and $150. Mention “DUMBO Improvement District Gift Guide” and receive a Jade Gua Sha scraper and roller set for free.
3. Dumbo Wellness. Shiatsu and Custom Massage Package. 20% off a package of 2 sessions, A 60 Minute Custom Massage and a 60 Minute Floor Shiatsu Session. $Varies.
4. Gleason’s Gym. Personal Training Session. Gift Certificates can be customized to cover any combination of membership, lessons, and merchandise. Call 718-797-2872 for more info and to make a purchase, or order online. $Varies.
5. Abhaya Yoga. Gift certificate. Know a friend or family member who loves yoga more than life? Gift them a yoga class or 5 or 10 so they can get down dog with their bad selves. $Varies.
6. Adanne. Self Care Kit. Darlene has curated a beautiful self care collection, with sage, crystals, affirmation cards and Susan Weis-Bohlen’s book on rituals. $40.
1. Aegir Boardworks. Weekend Skate Lessons. All ages skate classes for beginners or anyone wanting to fine-tune their tricks. Private classes only, held at Golconda Skate Park at the corner of Gold and Nassau. $40-$70.
2. Beat The Bomb. Beat The Bomb Gift Card. Pay for your friends and loved ones to #GetBlasted this holiday season. An hour-long, immersive video game experience, featuring five awesome games, and The World's Largest Paint Bomb! We recommend at least 4 players to optimize your chances to Beat The Bomb! $50/ticket.
3. Aegir Boardworks. Count Von Aegir Skate Deck. For 2021, Aegir hooked up with the fantastic Daniel Shepard (@danyboydoid) to transform Aegir's long-suffering Satanic nutcracker into a sick new deck. Available in assorted stains Aegir decks are made from quality wood and are used by the Aegir skate team. Cop one today, and support your local board shop! $55.
4. Creatively Wild Art Studio. Drink and Draw. Creatively Wild’s popular adult workshop, their Drink and Draw features a Dumbo-based artist! This is an amazing opportunity to see these wonderful artists work and get inspired by their individual approaches to the world. Learn mazing professional techniques, have a drink and enjoy an evening with friends. $45.
5. Redbeard Bikes. Brompton Folding Bike. The only bike that fits under a tree! This ready-to-ride city bike comes in lots of beautiful colors. Classic and electric models in stock at Redbeard Bikes. To purchase, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Starting at $1,480.
6. Redbeard Bikes. Hammerhead Karoo 2 Bike Computer. Sleek and sexy. Advanced navigation, intuitive interface. $400.
7. Legacy Dumbo. Vinyl Listening Party. Share the Legacy Experience with those closest to you. Invite a handful of friends, neighbors or loved ones over for an intimate get together. Be guided by the soundscape of our personal music collection - you can even bring some of your favorite records from home. Contact LegacyVinyl@Pm.Me and mention DUMBO BID to receive 15% off of your booking. $Varies.
8. Loop of the Loom. Zen Weaving Session Gift Card. Gift your loved one a weaving class of inspiration and creativity! The Zen weaving Session isan all-day session with no previous weaving experience necessary. Let yourself unwind, express yourself, and explore ideas with various materials for as long as you like during our studio hours from 11am to 6pm. You may end up with a long tapestry, scarf, or original fabric to make something else out of! $160.