Thanksgiving, DUMBO Style
With Thanksgiving right around the corner, we are thinking about all the many things we have to be thankful for. Here in DUMBO we have so much to be thankful for, from our beautiful waterfront views and cultural institutions, to the incredible restaurants, small businesses and companies that call DUMBO home.
In DUMBO for this holiday? Here’s how to celebrate locally:
- Almondine Bakery. Almondine Bakery is offering a selection of delicious pies for pre-order, including Apple Pie, Tarte Tatin, Pumpkin Pie, Pecan Pie, and Chocolate Pecan Pie.
- Atrium DUMBO. Thanksgiving Dinner To-Go. Complete meals ready for pickup to be reheated in the oven at home. A great addition for those not wanting to cook or clean up the kitchen on Turkey Day! See the packages here.
- Foragers. Foragers is offering a selection of turkeys, side dishes, and desserts pre-order. Deadline to order is Friday 11/17. Click here to see the menu of items on offer. To order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jacques Torres. Jacque Torres carries a wide variety holiday themed treats to make Thanksgiving sweet. Order online here.
- Mouth Indie Wine and Spirits. Mouth carries a variety of different Thanksgiving-themed snacks and drinks. Order online here.
- One Girl Cookies. Pre-order your pies (apple, pumpkin & maple), signature pumpkin whoopie pies, Savory Shortbreads and decorated cookies! Deadline to place orders is 5pm on Tuesday 11/21. Call (347) 338-1268 to order.
- Smile To Go. Smile To Go is offering Apple Cider Brined Turkey with all the fixings, seasonal vegetable sides, pies and more – all sold à la carte. Order online here. Place orders by 4PM on Monday, November 20th. Orders can be placed in person, by email, or by phone.
- Untamed Sandwiches. Untamed Sandwiches is offering family style portions of their sides for $60–they feed 20! Choose from Cheddar Jalapeno Grits, Spicy Braised Mustard Greens, Deviled Potato Salad, or Pasta Salad with Walnut Nettle Pesto. Email email@example.com to reserve yours today! Taking orders for pickup until Tuesday, 11/21.
DINE IN ON 11/23!
- Atrium DUMBO. Atrium is offering a 3-course prix-fixe menu for $80/person with an optional wine pairing for $40/person. They will be open on Thanksgiving from 1pm-10pm. Click here to see full menu. Make your reservations here.
- Cecconi’s. Chef Riccardo Billotta has created a special three-course menu of Thanksgiving favorites. The menus offer a choice of two appetizers, three main courses and two desserts, served family style for the table to share. $75 per person. For those who wish to order separately, an a la carte menu will also be available. Reservations are available from noon until 10pm. Please contact us at 1-718-650-3900. For parties over nine guests, please contact our private hire team here.
- Celestine. Celestine is offering a 3-course menu this Thanksgiving, dishing up Chef’s takes on holidays classics like free range turkey roasted on the wood grill, as well as new seasonal dishes like crispy pork belly with concord braised cabbage and brussel sprouts. The menu begins at $75 per person (and $45 per child under 12; little ones dine for free). Reservations are accepted for parties of any size, from 11am to 7:30pm. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (718) 522-5356 to make a booking for the holiday.
- Sugarcane. ‘Tis the season to indulge in holiday eats! Celebrate with Thanksgiving-inspired specials with a SUGARCANE raw bar grill twist, served in addition to their signature all day menu on Nov 23 (11:30am – midnight). One of their side dishes — the challah & roasted cauliflower stuffing — was recently featured in PEOPLE Magazine! Click here for the Thanksgiving specials menu and reservations.
- Vinegar Hill House. Enjoy a traditional Thanksgiving prix fixe menu. $95/person with two seatings starting at 2:30pm and 5:00pm. Email email@example.com to reserve.
Photo: “Autumn” by flickr user Jason Devaun.