Art + Culture
Sunday Groove: Live Music at Superfine
Superfine (126 Front Street) has been known for their Bluegrass Brunches. This March, the venue expands its live music repertoire with country and bluegrass brunch (noon-3pm) and Roots Americana artists from 7-9pm. Lineup is listed below; we highly recommend longtime DUMBO resident and musician Jan Bell.
- Brunch: Tucker, Travis and Miller
- 7pm: Greg Humphreys — ‘Humphreys couples his old school Americana with an affable attitude….recalls the rustic and rootsy feel of a serene backwoods habitat. The tangled mesh of guitars brings to mind more of a swampier sound. Blissfully unencumbered’ BLURT magazine FOUR STARS
- Brunch: Jan Bell and The Maybelles — Village Voice Choice, Time Out NY recommended artist, and Independent Music Award Winner – Dumbo main stays The Maybelles led by Jan Bell. Enchantingly fusing Anglo-Americana sounds Jan Bell has a wonderful knack of breathing new life into time worn folk tales and rare used human stories – Maverick Magazine, UK 4 STARS
- 7pm: Elle G — Two young ladies from Vilnius, Lithuania, playing soft and swinging songs of 30s-80s. English, french & lithuanian melodies, coming from vinyl era, revive owing to the chemistry of fun – loving duo. As a small band Elle G uses only few instruments – ukulele, their voices, melodica, kazoo and some shakers and rattles. However, they are able to create performance for both ears and eyes.
- Brunch: This ‘Ole House
- 7pm: Rock and Roll Extravaganza Bands TBA
- Brunch: Locust Honey String Band — Heart-breakin’ Country Harmonies & Raging Old-Time Fiddle Tunes out of Ashville, North Carolina take “girl band” to a different level. Catch them before they play their first Merle Fest!
- 7pm: The Hot and Ready Club of Brooklyn — Led by Brain Cloud steel guitarist Raphael McGregor, this all star cast of musicians will exceed audience expectations with extraordinary renditions of swing and country standards, great tasting original compositions, and outstanding ensemble playing.