Lights, Camera, Tech: We Are Made in NY
What does Law & Order have in common with a 20 Jay tech startup? Both are eligible for the Made in NY "Mark of Distinction" thanks to a new economic development campaign.
Launched this week by the Mayor's Office of Media and Entertainment in partnership with the New York Tech Meetup, We Are Made in NY shines a spotlight on New York City's booming digital industry. From bootstrapped startups to global powerhouses, New York City boasts more than 900 tech companies, a number of which are clustered here in DUMBO.
As a one-stop portal to New York's innovation ecosystem, We Are Made in NY offers a slew of resources that help connect companies to talent, programs, space and those all-important pools of funding.
Features we think DUMBO techies will love:
- Learn if you are eligible for the Made in NY digital mark
- Add your company to the Made in NY Digital Jobs Map
- Apply for up to $400,000 in training grants for your employees
- Apply for early stage funding from City fund NYC Seed
- Civic-minded startups: Apply for funding at any stage from thePartnership Fund for NYC
- Bid on government contracts
- Donate your services to serve New Yorkers and small businesses
- Access the City’s Open Data platform and compete in NYC Big Apps
Made in NY digital map via http://mappedinny.com/