July 4th: What You Need to Know in DUMBO
DUMBO’s got a front seat to the fireworks action–but some planning is needed. See below for the operation changes and street closures to be aware of. These have been determined by the City of New York / NYPD, and are subject to change by NYPD.
Please plan all celebrations accordingly, and have fun!
Macy’s Fireworks will light up at approximately 9:20pm. Here’s where the barges will be placed:
Brooklyn Bridge Park Viewing Locations:
- Brooklyn Bridge Park – Pier 1 through Pier 6
- Brooklyn Heights Promenade
- Brooklyn Bridge Park – Main Street/Carousel Area
Closures of note:
IN DUMBO, parking of personal vehicles is prohibited on the following streets from July 3 at 11pm through July 4 at 11pm.
- John Street from Adams Street to Bridge Street
- Water Street from Old Fulton to Washington Street
- Front Street from Old Fulton Street to York Street
- Main Street from Front Street to Plymouth Street
- Dock Street from Front Street to Water Street
- All Streets north of Plymouth Street leading to the waterfront in DUMBO
Beginning at 4pm, DUMBO will be limited to vehicular traffic. All streets listed above will not be open to through traffic. Residents seeking to bring their vehicles into their buildings should show ID.
Further afield, parking of personal vehicles is prohibited on the following streets from July 3 at 11pm through July 4 at 11pm.
- Cadman Plaza west from Tillary Street to Prospect Street
- Old Fulton Street from Prospect Street to Furman Street
- Columbia Heights from Remsen Street to Old Fulton Street
- Remsen Street from Hicks Street to Columbia Heights
- Montague Street from Columbia Heights to Hicks Street
- Pierrepont Street from Willow Street to Columbia Heights
- Clark Street from Willow Street to Columbia Heights
- Pineapple Street from Willow Street to Columbia Heights
- Orange Street from Willow Street to Columbia Heights
- Cranberry Street from Willow Street to Columbia Heights
- Joralemon Street from Columbia Place to Furman Street
- Vine Street from Hicks Street to Columbia Heights
things to remember:
- The best way to get to DUMBO is via subway! F to York, AC to High St or 23 to Clark St.
- The Brooklyn, Williamsburg and Manhattan Bridge Footpaths will be closed to pedestrians and bikes.
- The following areas of Brooklyn Bridge Park will be closed or will close early: Squibb Park and BBQs on Picnic Peninsula will be closed. All playgrounds, the Pop-Up Pool, Jane’s Carousel, Pier 2 sports courts & roller rink, Pier 5 sports fields, and Pier 6 Volleyball Courts will close at 4pm.
- The restrooms at the 99 Plymouth Street Building will close at 6pm.
- East River Ferry is running on a weekend schedule on July 3rd ($6 fares) with no service to Governor’s Island. On the 4th, the ferry will operate on a regular weekend schedule with service to Governor’s Island. Ferry service will end at 5:30 p.m. due to the fireworks.
- All large bags are subject to search.
- All alcoholic beverages are prohibited.