How About We… Go on a Date in DUMBO?
20 Jay start-up HowAboutWe.com is one of the nation's fastest growing online dating services and the authority on all things romantic in New York City, due in large part to the analysis of the more than half a million dates members have posted on the site. People say "How about we..." and post the dates they actually want to go on; HowAboutWe parses the data to figure out which dates have the highest success rates and other insightful trends. Thanks to these studies, we now know that New York is a place where dating within the same city can be considered long distance. They've even confirmed that DUMBO is one of the top ten neighborhoods for said dating.
In honor of Valentine's Day next week, HowAboutWe's dating expert Michelle Dozois gave us her picks for the perfect DUMBO date. Read about it below and follow along with your special someone by clicking on the HowAboutWe DUMBO itinerary.
- How about we... split a Halloumi grilled cheese from Archway Cafe & a Classic grilled cheese from the Morris Truck.
- How about we... window shop at Modern Anthology, deciding what we'd buy if we had $500 to burn.
- How about we... make a meal out of appetizers at reBar -- maybe spinach dip, potato pave, brussels sprouts & the polenta.
- How about we... get maple lattes at Brooklyn Roasting Company, then walk over to the East River Ferry and marvel over how easy it is to get to Williamsburg from there.
- How about we... take photos of each other & the scenery at Brooklyn Bridge Park (Main St) & Jane's Carousel.
Photo via The Adventurista, who was inspired by DUMBO's romantic charm.