Gifts: DUMBO’s Valentine’s Day Hot List
No need to stray far from DUMBO in this winter weather, stay warm and shop local this Valentine's Day! Here are our top picks:
- Aegir Boardworks: Ski/Snowbard Day Trip (prices vary). 99 Water Street.
- Blanc & Rouge: 2004 Chateau Grand-Puy-Lacoste, Pauillac ($60). 81 Washington Street.
- Berl's Poetry: Browse a specially-curated shelf of sonnets, love poems, handmade chapbooks and other unique ideas for literary gifts. From old standbys like Shakespeare's love sonnets and the poems of Pablo Neruda to sexy contemporary poem collections such as Wave Books' anthology ISN'T IT ROMANTIC, you can find the perfect poetry for Valentines, anti-Valentines, meta-Valentines, or even self-Valentines to curl up with on a snowy afternoon. (prices vary). 126A Front Street
- Brooklyn Industries: Unisex Maple Wood Round Faced Watch ($120). 70 Front Street
- Brooklyn Roasting Company: Coffee-of-the-month Bali Kintamani features very romantic strawberry tasting notes. 25 Jay Street
- Burrow: Strawberry Caramel box ($18) 68 Jay lobby
- Calabar Imports: Valentine Red Glass Hearts ($18). 145 Front Street.
- Dabney Lee: Heart Sparkler ($7 -- pick up a few!). Plus 20% off with special code DL-LOVE. 45 Washington Street.
- Dewey's Candy: Create a customized gift for your sweetie with a sweet tooth (Priced by the lb or create your own basket!). Champagne starts flowing at 4pm; shop stays open 'til 9pm. 141 Front Street
- Flora Nail & Spa: Couples Retreat ($380). 57 Front Street
- Folioleaf: Maya Hayuk print ($300). 111 Front Street
- Gramercy Park Flowers: A Dozen Roses (price varies + option to add on Jacques Torres chocolate bars!) 32 Adams Street
- Jacques Torres: The Kissing Game - Champagne Kisses ($36). 66 Water Street
- Journey: Handmade Valentine cards & hearts painted on small birch wood chips by local DUMBO artist Tara Dixon, and also beautiful heart sculptures by DUMBO artist Wynne Noble. 72 Front Street
- Leaf Dental: Eugene Goldman, DDS offers free teeth cleaning after initial exam and x-rays ($115 value). Call 855-529-5323 to make an appointment.
- Modern Anthology: Foosball Bottle Opener ($48). 68 Jay Street
- One Girl Cookies: "From Brooklyn with Love" Collection ($20). 33 Main Street
PowerHouse Arena: From Feb 7-14, customers can buy one book and get a second* one at 50% off (*of same or lesser value).37 Main Street.
- Redbeard Bikes: The Brompton (starting at $1200). his sweet folding bikes comes in 15 colors & fits in any NYC closet. Better yet: get two, and ride together. Get a free Nutcase helmet with the purchase of a Brompton, or any bike with gears. 69 Jay Street
- Stewart/Stand: Kobo Candles ($35 for any scent).141A Front Street
- Tattly: Love Bot 214 ($5 for set of two). Order online.
- Trunk: Take a portrait with a pinhole camera by photographer Stefan Killen and score 10% off jewelry from Feb 11-14. 68 Jay
- West Elm Market: Apotheke Verbena Sugar Scrub and Grey Bath Sea Salts ($48) or Chief's face wash and shaving cream, Omega shave brush, Imperial pre-shave oil and after-shave ($67.90). 50 Washington Street.
Photo via West Elm