DUMBO Reflects: The Legacy of Steve Jobs
The influence Steve Jobs has made on the people of DUMBO cannot be overstated. Over the past week, 61% of visitors to this site have been on an Apple device. Compared with a 10.9% Apple OS market share generally, according to Quantcast, you get a sense of how remarkable the Apple loyalty is around here. With this loyalty came a sense of great loss last week. Here, we've gathered a few reflections from around the neighborhood on the legacy of Steve Jobs.
To add to this list, please email email@example.com.
- Studiomate Erin Kissane wrote of the transformative features Apple has provided for The Great Discontent, noting "I brush my teeth with my beloved from 3,000 miles away."
- Version Industries shared an old photo of "Steve at home"
- Pontiflex showed their gratitude for Jobs' innovation as a catalyst to their success
- Brain Pickings shared a personal reflection
- e.p.c. discussed his 30+ years using Apple products, including time spent as an IBM insider using a Mac
- Mark Batty Publisher discussed how Jobs made the home computer a device for the creative types
- The folks behind this weekend's Creators Project paid tribute an original creator's legacy.
Photo: Norman Seeff