Business + Services
DUMBO Businesses Make Great Headlines
So many DUMBO firms have been highlighted in the local, national and international news lately (yay!). Here’s a quick rundown:
- Leeser Architecture renovates the Old Strand Theatre, via the Wall Street Journal.
- Loosecubes wants you to work anywhere you want, via the IBTimes.
- Brooklyn still pushing for NYU genuis campus downtown, via New York Daily News.
- Situ Studio wins Best of Year Award for Large Exhibition/Installation for reOrder at the Brooklyn Museum, via Interior Design.
- Make your own home presidential with Emily Thompson Flowers, via Vogue.
- DUMBO startup, BioLite’s stove burns with “ruthless efficiency” and has leftover power to charge your mobile device, via the Brooklyn Daily.
- NYU-Poly Business Incubator launches at 20 Jay Street, via Brooklyn Eagle.
- Brooklyn tech entrepreneur Eric Alterman plans to hire hundreds for his growing company FLOW, via New York Daily News.
- Miami Ad School opens a school in New York, via mediabistro.
- DUMBO tech and the search for programmers and engineers, via Brooklyn Eagle.
- Ron Silver of Bubby’s brings the f-word to Japan, via Gawker.
- Offtrackplanet.com makes travel mag for “young, broke & sexy,” via New York Daily News.
- Brooklyn Roasting Company’s perfect French press, via The Daily Meal.
Oh, and of course this is old news, but in case you missed it: DUMBO is Jumbo for Tech, via the Wall Street Journal.
Photo via Jessie A. Ward.