Digital DUMBO Opens dd:OUTPOST Event Space
Digital DUMBO just announced the opening of dd:OUTPOST, a unique community lounge and event space built by Digital DUMBO in partnership with Bing. Designed by Volvox Labs, the studio behind Twitter's #FEED installation at SXSW, dd:OUTPOST is completely immersive, dynamic, and designed to better showcase the work of digital companies than similar environments.
The space features:
- Groundbreaking audiovisual system seamlessly merges with the architectural design creating a symbiosis between the permanent and ephemeral
- 200" projection screen allows for engaging presentations and visuals with a direct connection between the Windows 8 interface, Xbox and Airstream
- Custom made touchscreen interface allows clients to control lighting, content of the AV system and view Instagram and Twitter feeds in real-time
- Integrated technologies allow for content to be presented simultaneously across all screens with ease
- 70 high powered LED strips react to human presence by triggering patterns and surround sound effects using the Kinect for Windows technology
- Projection mapped wall creates a unique surface for showcasing design work, motion graphics, and the "back channel"
dd:OUTPOST will be used for a variety of events including:
- dd:COLLECTIVE series - curated panels, presentations, and workshops give real-time insight into the services, platforms, and problems your business faces.
- Quarterly dd:COLLECTIVE events in collaboration with Bing on various topics related to innovation in user interfaces and search
- Monthly office hours and advisory sessions with senior executives from both Microsoft, other companies and venture capital firms to offer key insights to help businesses grow
- Events curated by Digital DUMBO and hosted by outside partners
- Monthly social gatherings
- Special launch events, sneak peeks, co-working days, and a lot more
About Digital DUMBO: Established in 2009, Digital DUMBO's goal is to connect communities at the intersection of digital and culture. This mission statement was born in DUMBO, but now has no borders. We've since built strong relationships with other talented ecosystems within cities around the world and look to bring these ecosystems closer together for the benefit of those that attend our events.
For information on getting involved, corporate passes, or hosting an event at dd:OUTPOST contact the Digital DUMBO Team - contact (at) digitaldumbo (dot) com. Learn more about dd:OUTPOST: ddoutpost.com