Creators Converge: Recap of an Epic DUMBO Weekend
Thousands of culture-seekers descended upon DUMBO to check out The Creators Project this weekend. Saturday's big draws included Florence + the Machine in the Archway and a DJ Set by French duo Justice at the Tobacco Warehouse. We've already touted the amazing Spiritualized installation at 56 Water, the Origin installation at Tobacco Warehouse (still up through October 23) and Stop the Virgens (through October 22). Now, a look at the media coverage for this epic DUMBO weekend:
- Rolling Stone hailed DUMBO's "decidedly festival-like ambience," saying, "this venue switch automatically granted the event more ambulatory power — literally, in the sense you had to venue-hop through its new CMJ-level set-up" and gave a major shout out to the Archway.
- SPIN was inspired by the sights and sounds of the weekend
- Consequence of Sound posted great videos of Florence + the Machine's live debut of new songs.
- CNN enjoyed Karen O's "journey of darkness, innocence, falls from grace, lobster claws, poisoned Eucharist and everyone's eventual redemption."
- Billboard.com lauded the "visionary music and art."
- Spinner also dug the "unique blend of large-scale art installations and musical performances."
- The Wall Street Journal Digits blog discussed the crowd-sourced PR aspect of the weekend.
- The New York Times rubbed elbows with Erykah Badu at the after party.
- Great photos provided by Gothamist part 1 + part 2; Complex Art & Design, Village Voice, StyleCaster, BFA.