Art + Culture
Creative Week Heads to DUMBO: May 7-11
Creative Week was conceived by The One Club – which celebrates New York’s creative agencies. DUMBO of course has dozens of digital creative agencies – who will be highlighted during the event. After months of planning for the week with festival producers, the DUMBO Improvement District hosted creative agencies and The One Club for a breakfast last month to talk about the upcoming event – withe high hopes that this industry convergence on Brooklyn will become an annual event.
“Just as creativity and the passions that drive it evolve, Creative Week is evolving in breath and scope and is transforming itself into one of the world’s most anticipated festivals,” said Kevin Swanepoel, president at The One Club.
A few DUMBO highlights are listed below. Stay tuned for schedule updates.
- May 10: The “unConference,” at the Front Street Galeries – where the brightest minds in the creative industry gather for a fast-paced, free-form, highly interactive session to answer this year’s prompt “What I Learned From…,” share ideas and explore opportunities emerging in today’s shifting media landscape.
- May 9: A feature event with Digital DUMBO on Wednesday night.
- May 7-10: More thought leadership programming throughout the neighborhood – including events at Galapagos and HUGE.
Creative Week partners include:
- The Advertising Club of New York
- Co: Collective
- DUMBO Improvement District
- International Center of Photography
- Our Stage
- The Jim Henson Company
- Tribeca Disruption Innovation Awards
- The New Yorker Cartoon Bank
- Strawberry Frog
- VCU Brandcenter
- Victor & Spoils
The Creative Week NYC calendar of activities is available at www.creativeweek.com. DUMBO events will be listed on the Decoder soon.