Awards Season Hits DUMBO
This month, we are back with more great news to share about the organizations that call DUMBO home. Without further ado...
- The Dumbo Arts Festival ranked 6th out of all NYC Art Events in Biz Bash's New York's Top 100 Events 2012. Keep a Child Alive's Black Ball also made the top 100, via Biz Bash.
- Two films presented by American Documentary | POV earned Academy Award nominations - If a Tree Falls (POV 2011) by Marshall Curry and Sam Cullman is up for Best Documentary Feature and The Barber of Birmingham (POV 2012) by Gail Dolgin and Robin Fryday is nominated for Best Documentary Short, via American Documentary News.
- By creating products that connect marketers to consumers, HUGE (see who they are) grows into its name and is No. 9 on Ad Age's Agency A-List, via Ad Age.
- Jane's Carousel awarded Travel + Leisure Design Award 2012, Best Public Space, via Travel + Leisure.
- Wild Rise Pizza Pop-up at 68 Jay Street Bar nominated for "Best New Pizza" in Time Out New York's 2012 Food & Drink Awards, via TONY.
- Brooklyn Bridge Park awarded the 2011 AIA New York State's American Institute of Architects 2011 Community Development Honor Award, via AIA New York State.
- Brainstorm Digital brought home more hardware, this time at the 10th Annual Visual Effects Society Awards for “Outstanding Compositing in a Broadcast Program or Commercial” and “Outstanding Models in a Broadcast Program or Commercial” for work on HBO’s Emmy Award-winning series, Boardwalk Empire. Check out some of their award winning work here.
Congrats to all!