3rd Annual IFP Week Sept 15-20
IFP’s signature event, IFP Week, is celebrating its 40th Anniversary with both new and revamped public programs for the 2018 edition. Taking place from September 15-20, 2018, alumni from across four decades of the organization’s history are coming together to review careers, discuss the state of the film and media industries, and debate the future of storytelling. This year’s programs include numerous public screenings and talks, all centered on cutting-edge independent content for the big screen and the small screen. IFP’s public programs are the perfect place to meet and interact with creatives pushing the boundaries of storytelling on all platforms.
BONUS! 20% off passes for the Dumbo Community with code DUMBO20.
2018 panelists include:
- Terence Nance (Creator, Random Acts of Flyness)
- Julie Dash (Director, Daughters of the Dust)
- Cathy Yan (Director, Dead Pigs)
- Roger Ross Williams (Director, Life, Animated)
- James Schamus (Executive Producer, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon)
- The Filmmakers behind RBG and Won’t You Be My Neighbor!
- And many, many more!
Past IFP Week panelists include
- Barry Jenkins (Director, Moonlight)
- Sean Baker (Director, The Florida Project)
- Dee Rees (Director, Mudbound)
- Lee Daniels (Creator, Empire)
- Lena Dunham (Creator, Girls)
- Ezra Edelman (Director, OJ: Made in America)
- Issa Rae (Creator, Insecure)
This year’s IFP Week marks their third in Brooklyn. The event will take place in and around DUMBO, with their central hub being the Made in NY Media Center by IFP (30 John Street, Brooklyn). More information about
Pubic Programs, and general questions about IFP Week can be found on their website.