Holiday Shopping: Your 2017 Gift Guide
Working through your list of gifts? Carry the spirit of Small Business Saturday throughout December by shopping locally this holiday season. Whether you’re on the hunt for a loved one or yourself (we’ll never tell!) DUMBO’s 100+ retailers have a great selection of goods that fit a range of budgets and aesthetics.
A handful of picks to jumpstart your neighborhood shopping is below. Most locations accept the #DUMBOVIP Card!
Happy holidays and happy shopping!
- Recycle-A-Bicycle. Front or Rear Knog Blinder Bike Lights. USB, Rechargeable, bright and efficient. Be seen be safe! In-store only. $21.
- Glam Expressway. Face Sheet Masks. Daily skin masks for nourishing, brightening, moisturizing and pore care. Choose from Pearl, Milk, Honey, or Charcoal. In store only. No tax for #DUMBOVIP holders! $9.
- Front General Store. Wool 5 Panel Cap. This classic wool panel cap is made out of 100% wool for warmth, breathability and durability. In store only. $18.
- Ad Astra. Earrings. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. In some cases you can even wear it! In store only. $39.
- Vedazzling Accessories. Earrings. Handmade Sterling Silver Earrings in Tear Drop, Fearless Leaf or Hasma Tear Drop designs. $10.
- Jane’s Carousel. Tote bag. Carry your things in style.In-store only. $20.
- Untamed Sandwiches. Pig Butt Hat & Pig Butt Tote. For the pork-loving-tote-loving friend in your life. In store only. $10.
- West Elm. St. Jude Glass Cat Objects. These exclusive St. Jude glass cat paperweights are not just gorgeous, they’re a gift that gives back – while supplies last, West Elm will donate 50% of the purchase price directly to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital®. $19.
- Public Supply. 5x8 Tim Coppins, Black and White notebook. This notebook is a collaboration with Tim Coppens and Joe's Blackbook. 25% of profits from your purchase will raise money for the Joe's Blackbook Design Scholarship. Limited edition of 500. $20.
FOR THE SWEET TOOTH (ISH)
- One Girl Cookies. Cookie Gift Boxes. Ship nationwide & offer corporate discounts where applicable. In-store only. $Varied.
- Melville House. The Melville House Cookbook Bundle. Five beautiful, diverse, and eccentric cookbooks for one low price. $96.
- Jacques Torres. Caramelized Peanuts. In celebration of their 15 year anniversary Jacques has created the New York Collection, his appreciation and gratitude to all things New York! The collection consists of five New York iconic images on keepsake boxes: New York Subway Car - House Blend 60% Dark Chocolate and Milk Chocolate covered caramelized peanuts. $13.
- Brooklyn Roasting. Six Tin Sampler. Grab six tins of BRC coffee and save some cash! You’ll get a shipment of our Mocha Java, Peru, Ethiopian Washed, Sumatra, Iris Espresso and Brazil. Perfect for giving gifts to friends and family or to spoil your favorite coffee lover. $75.
- Almar. Olive Oil & Antipasti. Including stuffed peppers, marinated mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and olives. In-store only. $15-$20.
- Rodd and Gunn. Long Sleeve Gunn Polo. A Rodd & Gunn favorite, the signature Gunn polo is a staple every man should own. $85.
- Redbeard. Gore One 1985 Gore-Tex Shake Dry Jacket. The lightest, most breathable cycling/running rain jacket in the world. $300.
- Modern Anthology. Porter Key Knife. The Porter Key Knife is designed to last, and built to blend in with your current key setup. It’s a knife that assists in your everyday life without getting in the way and a bottle opener that’s always with you when you need to unwind. $24.
- Thea Grant. Windsor stamped tie bar: Brooklyn. These raw brass tie bars are made from vintage originals each of which has been highly polished to gleam like gold. They are then hand stamped in our studio using a set of antique, hand carved stamps. One size fits all as with all tie bars. As this is a hand-made piece, slight irregularities are expected and individuality is desired. $70.
- Shinola. Runwell Backpack Navigator in Charcoal. Shinola’s flagship leather backpack was designed in Detroit and built to last. This casual and refined piece in classic American leather includes adjustable padded shoulder straps, a deluxe top carry handle and silver tone hardware. The cotton-lined interior features dedicated pockets for your laptop and phone. So head into the office, then into the gym and into the weekend without missing a beat. $995.
- Brooklyn Industries. Poplar Street Backpack. Latest edition to the Made in Brooklyn collection. Designed, sourced, printed and produced locally it is a new Brooklyn Industries Classic. $98.
- Emerald Gem Exchange. Jade Necklace. Jade is reputed to have a calming power. Such is useful to those who suffer from any anxiety, tension or stress related ailment. It is believed to establish the foundation of true friendship & giving one confidence to express true love. In store only. $48.88.
- Trunk. Tall cowl by SAMOY LENKO. An every day winter accessory–can even be worn as a hood! $58.
- Shinola. Soft Satchel in Aubergine. Designed to look beautiful for your everyday, the Soft Satchel brings Shinola to a new era of women’s luxury bags. Featuring a hidden magnetic closure, a cotton-lined interior and silver tone hardware, the Soft Satchel has two open pockets for your cell phone and accessories. With a detachable key fob and a 9" handle drop, this bag was designed to meet your daily needs and made to match whatever you wear. $795.
- Feed. Woman on a Mission Pocket Pouch. Made from genuine, full-vegetable tanned leather with cotton twill lining, you’ll never be without your motto with this little leather pouch in your bag. Provides 25 school meals. $58.
- Thea Grant. Madison Place Earrings. Trapeze chandelier earring. A Thea Grant classic. One of our favorite silhouettes, this chandelier earring is light weight and while the fine brass chain and ca.1970 Art Nouveau brass finding sway gracefully with the wearer's movement during the day, the glamour of the glittering ca.1970 facet briolette makes it perfect for evening. $118.
- Trunk. Leather clutch by Stitch & Rivet. This medium leather zipper clutch is perfect for travel, organization, or going out clutch. Comes with a removable wrist loop. $58.
- Baci. Two-Tone Sweater. This sweater has so many great features. First the super-cute color block, then the dramatic dropped shoulder, the pretty boat neck, and it’s one size fits all! $30.
- Brooklyn Industries. BK & Stuff Women’s Pullover. Organic Brushed Back Fleece Scoop neck raglan shape with kangaroo pockets. $68.
- Trunk. Screen-printed Solidarity Tee by Magdalena Concepts. A facetious Brooklyn take on the Polish Solidarność logo of the 1980's Solidarity workers' movement. $37.
- Redbeard. Gore One 1985 Gore-Tex Shake Dry Jacket. The lightest, most breathable cycling/running rain jacket in the world. $280.
FOR THE KIDDOS
- Jane's Carousel. Infant, toddler and children's T shirts. Available in many fun colors! In-store only. $18.
- Jane's Carousel. Children's Reader. Share the story of this historic carousel with this beautiful children's book. In-store only. $10.
- Two Kids and a Dog. Micro Scooter Delux. The best-rated scooters for 2 to 5 year kids! $89.99.
- Powerhouse. Lucía the Luchadora. A picture book about courage and cultural legacy, Lucía the Luchadora is full of pluck, daring, and heart. $16.99.
- Gifted Baby (at Trunk). Santa Writes Back! Delight your child with a hand-written note from Santa; from his outpost at Mr. Boddington's Studio, Mr. Claus has been receiving and responding to children's holiday requests for over ten years (please post your letter by December 15th). $26.
- The Modern Chemist. sigikid Uni Que. Uni Que knows fans, like the constant paparazzi, are part of a star's life, but away from the spotlight this German unicorn is less flighty than you'd think – and if you stroke her mane she'll even forget that she wants to be the center of attention. In-store only. $84.95.
- Egg. Classic Grey Cable Knit Layette. Comfy and cozy, this egg classic is made from 100% cotton, so it won’t irritate baby’s sensitive skin. It is the perfect outfit for holiday pictures or any special occasion. $72.
- ArtWise. "The Little Prince and the Wild Birds" by Antoine de Saint Exupery. Lithograph printed in 2015 from an edition size of 100. 27 x 19.75 inches. Numbered out of 100 in pencil. The title can be translated in French to "Petit Prince et les Oiseaux Sauvages". $125.
- Half Pint Citizens. Thinking Putty®. A silicone-based bouncing putty that is made right here in the USA. Loved by both children and adults alike, it has applications for concentration, creativity, wellness, and just plain old-fashioned fun! It is available in over 40 amazing colors and awesome effects like Super Magnetics, Super Illusions, Glow in the Darks, and UV Reactive Phantoms. Thinking Putty never dries out, lasts forever and is non-toxic. 3 years old or older. In-store only. $15.00.
ENTERTAIN IN STYLE
- The Modern Chemist. Malin + Goetz Cannabis Hand Wash & Votive Set. Cult favorite M+G cannabis hand+body wash and votive are conveniently packed as a great gift - hand+body wash combines amino acid technology to purify, hydrate and balance skin and the votive lights up a room with its refined spicy and peppery notes evocative of the cannabis plant. In-store only. $35.
- BioLite. BaseLantern. Meet the world’s first flatpack lantern that combines breakthrough edge-lighting with Bluetooth connectivity to bring you a portable lighting solution that doubles as your own miniature smartgrid. No bigger than a sandwich, the BaseLantern can light large group settings, charge phones and other devices, and offer real time battery feedback so you get the most from your off-grid energy. $99.95.
- Usagi. Bath Accessories by Soil. Minimalist bath mats and toiletry accessories by SOIL instantly absorb moisture, dry in seconds, require no cleaning, and are fully recyclable. In-store only. $15 - $180.
- Blackbarn. Pour Over Coffee Maker by THrō Studio. This pour over coffee maker is as beautiful as it is function – just add your favorite ground coffee and hot water. $75.
- Mouth. Holiday Punch Kit. Nothing says “holiday” like getting punch-drunk with your favorite elves. Everything needed is included this festive, gift-worthy kit! $112.50.
- Usagi. Aya Kawabata for Usagi New York. In conjunction with her a solo show at Usagi, award-winning multidisciplinary designer Aya Kawabata designs a range of barware, apparel, and stationery exclusively for Usagi New York. $15 – $80.
- M Collection. Dot Coaster Set. A set of 4 wooden coasters for your holiday party. In store only. $20.
- M Collection. Beige Maryville Sofa. Stylish Sofa Bed for your apartment with 7” Pocket Spring Mattress. In store only. $1490.
- West Elm. Faux Fur Brushed Tips Throw (Platinum). Super soft and fluffy, this long-pile faux fur throw is brushed with a subtle color contrast for added dimension – it's a luxe way to lounge. $89.
- Feed. FEED candle. Hand-poured in Brooklyn from 100% soy wax, this candle’s scent is a delightful blend of jasmine, mandarin, lavender and the aroma lingers in a subtle, never overpowering, way. Provides 3 school meals. $48.
- Mark Jupiter. Elm Slab Coffee Table. Sometimes it’s just all about the wood. This incredible slice of elm really just speaks for itself as it floats above its custom 1.5’’ frosted acrylic base. Inquire for price.
- Brooklyn Historical Society. Membership. Free unlimited yearly admission to BHS’s Brooklyn Heights and DUMBO locations, invitations to exclusive events, pre-registration privileges to select popular programs, lectures, and walking tours, a 10% discount at both BHS shops, and more! $50 - $550.
- DUMBO Workshop. Woodworking Class. At The DUMBO Workshop we offer a straight-forward, project-based curriculum designed to teach you the fundamentals of working with your hands and tools--safely and sensibly. You’ll learn how to approach a wide-range of projects, handle different materials, how to use hand and power tools with an emphasis on workshop safety. Classes include beginner woodworking, shop class, Santa's Holiday Workshop (for handmade gifts!) and more. $Varied.
- Made in NY Media Center by IFP. Monthly Unlimited Classes. Kickstart the budding entrepreneur with one month of unlimited classes at the Media Center. $300 - $550.
- St. Ann’s Warehouse. Annual Membership. Get the best seats ahead of the crowd, waived service fees, free exchanges, and more! $65 – $500.
- Beat the Bomb. Tickets. Have a blast this holiday season with tickets to BEAT THE BOMB, an explosive escape room where you have 1 hour to disarm a PAINT bomb... or else! Use the code DUMBOPAINT for an exclusive 20% off tickets! $39/person.
- Recess DUMBO. Gift Certificate. Gift your little one with a certificate that guarantees an amazing time at Recess d.u.m.b.o - redeem for day passes, Fridaynight drop-offs, or their memberships! $varied.
- Creatively Wild. Gift Certificates. Give the gift of creativity this Holiday season with a Creatively WILD Gift Certificate, the perfect inspiring gift toward a unique experience at our Studio! Gift Certificates can be emailed directly to you in the amount of your choice, so a perfect last minute Holiday Gift! $50 – and up.
FOR THE ART LOVER
- Tom Fruin. Limited edition Watertower. A classic piece of DUMBO, in model kit form. Only 150 pieces made, each signed by Tom himself! $79.99.
- Art Wise. “Brooklyn Bridge" by Andy Warhol. 36 x 36 inches poster printed in 2014. $450.
- Klompching Gallery. Lensculture Winter Print Show. 20 Special Edition Prints by 20 emerging photographers. 22” x 17”, Archival Pigment Prints. (Image Credit: Hanafuda Shouzoku #3 © Shinya Masuda. Exhibited in the LensCulture Winter Print Show 2017 at Klompching Gallery.) In-gallery only. $300/each.
- A.I.R. Gallery. Art Postcard. Own an original work of art, in postcard form, for less than $50! Unframed. Dozens to choose from. In-gallery only. $45.
- Janet Borden Gallery. FRED CRAY: Dissolve. Limited edition book with one original 4x6” unique photograph. In-gallery only. $65.
- Natchie. Jane’s Carousel – Dumbo Print. A Taste of Dumbo through Natchie’s eyes! $20.
FOR THE FITNESS BUFF
- Glam Expressway. After This We're Getting Pizza Water Bottle. What better to do after a workout in Brooklyn? Get pizza of course! Make it a set with the matching yoga mat. In store only. No tax for #DUMBOVIP holders! $57 for the set.
- Powerhouse. Yoga: The Secret of Life. A photo-documentary about the spiritual and physical journey of yoga. Through photographs and text this fine art book explores the personal experiences of 108 of today's leading practitioners and how this ancient practice has transformed their mind, body, and spirit. $60.
- Gleason’s Gym. One month membership. Get a taste of North America’s oldest boxing gym, in its brand new spot! $99.
- Cinch. Cinch Trio. 3 Private Pilates Sessions. Offer only valid for new clients. $150.
- Rhythm Ryde. All the classes! Use code DUMBOHOLIDAY for $120.
- Abhaya Yoga. 10 Class Card. What better way to keep to those new years resolutions? $185.
- Shadowbox. 1 Class Intro. Intro class for first timers to experience the 45-minute workout to both lose and find yourself. $20.
- Equinox. Dumbo 1 Month Membership. Access to Dumbo’s Equinox club, including all classes and amenities. $175.
- Yoga Vida: Gift Card. Treat your friend, family member or yourself to the gift of yoga this holiday season with a gift card for Yoga Vida. $Varied.
Featured Image: Surprise by Flickr User Thomas Hawk.