And the 2017 Awardees are…
As is tradition, every year at the DUMBO Improvement District’s Annual Meeting, we honor individuals and organizations in DUMBO who have contributed to the neighborhood in a significant way with a Magic Feather, and highlight those doing fascinating and impactful work in their industries with a DUMBO Dozen Award.
The 2017 Magic Feather Award will be bestowed upon:
- The Brooklyn Bridge Park, for their visionary leadership building one of DUMBO’s most beloved natural assets.
And the following will be crowned the DUMBO Dozen:
- Aden + Anais. Celebrating ten years in DUMBO.
- Brooklyn Biscuit Company. Took our Farmer’s Market by storm this year, and have recently expanded to Dean and Deluca. Check out our Q+A here.
- City Science. Connecting STEM professionals with the kids who need them. Check out our Q+A here.
- Frank Collective. Have grown from a startup with two employees in DUMBO to a bicoastal company that is still maintaining its blue collar work ethic and art school ideals. Check out our Q+A here.
- Girls on the Run. An empowerment program for young girls, which gives them the skills and experiences they need to navigate their world with confidence and joy through the power of movement. Check out our Q+A here.
- Gleason’s Gym. Rockstar boxing champions. Check out our Q+A here.
- Leonard Ursachi. The artist behind Drift. Check out our Q+A here.
- Mancinelli Monasterio Design. Bringing you a new wine bar to Brooklyn Bridge Park.
- Mouth. The first online store dedicated to specialty foods from New York. Check out our Q+A here.
- Natchie. Expanding her business to… Tokyo! Check out our Q+A here.
- Solar City. Power for the future.
- Usagi. Part gallery, part retail, part cafe. Check out our Q+A here.
Join us in honoring these amazing people and their contributions to our neighborhood at our Annual Meeting on January 23.