Art + Culture
Stitch Love the Brooklyn Way- CraftJam
Cross the Manhattan bridge and come stitch at our first CraftJam in Brooklyn. Join us as we are creating an ode to one of our favorite boroughs by stitching embroidered wall art. Hosted at Empire Stores in DUMBO, this former warehouse site is vibrant hub on the waterfront of Brooklyn.
Taught by a certified JamMaster, in just under two hours you’ll learn:
- how to prep your embroidery hoop for DIY magic
- how to create and transfer a design onto fabric
- the basics of selecting the perfect thread
- how to start and end your embroidery project
- how to create essential embroidery stitches, such as the running stitch, back stitch and chain stitch.
We’ve got everything you need right here, including a colorful selection of threads, fabrics and supplies. We have also a selection on beginner friendly embroidery patterns with Brooklyn inspiration!
BYOB! Crafting is made better with a good drink in hand.
CraftJams are hosted in an intimate setting with a twelve attendee maximum. Make sure to purchase your ticket before the event is sold out!