Art + Culture
Live at the Archway: Oktoberfest
The Archway is the ultimate beer hall! Join us for our first annual Live at the Archway: Oktoberfest, October 6-8, 2016.
We’re transforming the Archway into a traditional German “beer hall” with plenty of DUMBO flair! We’ve lined up a robust schedule of themed entertainment:
THURSDAY 10/6 at 6:30pm: enjoy a high energy Oktoberfest performance complete with costumes, tubas, accordions, and more by Melina and the Oompahs. Melina’s musical act is drawn from inspiration from the original Oktoberfest in Munich, where she was previously featured.
FRIDAY 10/7 beginning at 6pm: DJ Holzmeister a.k.a The Kaiser—a DUMBO nightlife luminary and co-founder of nightclub Lunatarium—presents unique Oktoberfest performances on the decks. Originally from Germany, DJ Holzmeister plays a range of festive music for attendees from traditional Bavarian songs to German pop songs from Schlager to Neue Deutsche Welle (New German Wave).
SATURDAY 10/8. Arts & crafts with Creatively Wild from 3-5pm. Melina and the Oompahs come back for a rollicking Oktoberfest set from 5-7:30pm, and then DJ Holzmeister closes out the night!
PLUS, here’s what’s happening throughout the weekend:
- A social media contest where YOU are invited to create your own German DUMBO Oktoberfest words with the hashtag #sprechensieDUMBO for the chance to win prizes.
- A virtual apple picking photo experience–think puffy-vests-and-plaid-scarves in the Archway!
- Decorate-your-own-coasters, because, why not.
- Luster will be on hand with their Hashtag Printers, printing your Archway Instagram instantaneously, for free!
- A festive menu of pretzels, brats, veggie brats and sauerkraut, served by the Lighthouse (all days), Chickpea and Olive (October 6), and by Yeah Dawg (October 7 and 8).
- Beer from our landlocked Lighthouse, served in limited edition DUMBO Oktoberfest beer steins by lederhosen-wearing bartenders.