Down to Earth Markets
Every Wednesday | Noon – 7pm
In the Pearl Street Triangle
DUMBO home cooks and food lovers, rejoice! The neighborhood now has a weekly farmers market. Down to Earth Markets brings farm fresh veggies, locally raised meats, baked goods and specialty treats that use organic, local and sustainable practices to Pearl Street Triangle every Wednesday through November 16!
Who’s at the market this week? | September 28
- Arlotta Food Studio — infused olive oils and hand made pasta
- Karl Farmily Farms — meat, poultry, eggs raised in the Hudson Valley
- Mead Orchards — a wide variety of fruits & vegetables grown in the Hudson Valley on a third generation farm
- Nahmias Et Fils Distillery — small batch whiskey & other spirits made
- Orwasher Bakery – brick oven fired bread including the popular wine bread, or pain de champagne
- PickleLicious — old fashioned style barrel pickles of many flavors
- Sun Sprout Farm — potted herbs & vegetable starts, cut flowers, fruits & vegetables grown in Orange County
- The Brooklyn Biscuit Company — sweet & savory sandwiches on hand made biscuits, plus scones
- Day Vendor: Anna Maria’s Jams – Italian jams, sauces and chutneys, plus fresh mozzarella
- Day Vendor: Mindful Kitchens – Elevated vegan cuisine.
- Day Vendor: Descendant Cider – The first and only company making hard cider in the five boroughs.
- Day Vendor: La Petit Occasion – French caramels
What’s in season now? | September 28
About this time of year, an apple a day starts to sound do-able, assuming we include pie, cake, dumplings, cider, candied, salad and all the wide variety of apples grown in New York State. Lots of delicious apples at the market this week!
What’s cooking this week? Check out this recipe for a simple, but pretty, apple tart.
Are you a musician who is interested in playing at the Farmer’s Market? Do you work with food, and want to do a cooking demo on-site with seasonal produce? Are you a nonprofit in DUMBO and would like to be featured at the Community Table? Contact Down to Earth Markets at jon (at) downtoearthmarkets (dot) com to get involved.