A Block Party
on Washington Street
Featuring: Thousands of Toy Elephants Dropping into DUMBO
Thursday September 28
5 – 8pm
*#DUMBODROP AT 6PM SHARP*
Best Place To View The Drop: On Washington St btwn Front and Water St
The Dumbo Improvement District, PS307 + The Dock Street School invite you to be part of a new tradition
on Washington Street, Brooklyn’s most famous block.
Join us for an epic DUMBO Block Party, as we send thousands of toy elephants in parachutes cascading from rooftops–and raise money for DUMBO’s public schools.
+ FREE FAMILY CRAFTS & ACTIVITIES
+ LIVE PERFORMANCES
+LOCAL BITES FROM YOUR FAVORITE NEIGHRBORHOOD RESTAURANTS
+ AN INSTANT PHOTOBOOTH FOR THE PERFECT #DUMBODROPSELFIE
+ A KNOCK OUT PARTY & BAR AT LEGENDARY GLEASON’S GYM
+ SILENT AUCTION WITH DUMBO-FABULOUS ITEMS
+ AFTER PARTY IN THE ARCHWAY
More details below!
Each elephant sponsored = 1 chance to win + 1 elephant to take home at the end of the party.
For the chance to win a $500 neighborhood shopping spree!
Please note: All elephant entries must be completed by September 27th at 5:00pm EST.
No elephants will be for sale at the event.
Attention Elephant Adopters: You can pick up your keepsake elephant at Gleason’s Gym after The Drop. Not able to stick around? You can pick up in the Archway on Friday Sept 29 from 12-3pm.
The Block Party will Take Place On Washington Street between Front and Plymouth Streets (map)
THE GREAT DUMBO DROP: PROGRAM
Entertainment Before + After The Drop:
- 5pm: Fogo Azul heralds the opening of The Great DUMBO Drop with their amazing troupe of lady drummers.
- 5:30pm: Join the Preschool of Rock for a unique roof raising celebration.
- 5:50pm: The Dock Street Dancers will wow us with their moves.
- 6:00pm: THE DROP! Get pumped for The Drop with a cheer by PS307’s nationally recognized cheer leading team, The Diamonds!
- 6:30 – 8:00pm: DUMBO’s 13 year old resident DJ, DJ Kai Song, keeps the party going with his signature tunes. He’ll be joined onstage by a some of the neighborhood’s best dancers, including everyone’s favorite pilates instructor, Lawson Harris!
Local Bites for purchase on Water Street–Priced for Grazing!
- Almar: Meatballs & insalata.
- Bread & Spread: Mini versions of their famous chicken, porchetta & giardino sandwiches.
- Brooklyn Roasting: Our favorite coffee–to keep us going through the after party.
- Cecconi’s: menu coming soon!
- Front Street Pizza: Pinwheels from our favorite slice shop.
- Melt Bakery: Mini versions of Melt’s famous ice cream sandwiches in your favorite flavors.
- Smile To Go: menu coming soon!
- Untamed Sandwiches: Braised meat sandwiches made with sustainable ingredients.
- VHH Foods: Slices of their famous Chocolate Guinness Cake.
- Westville: Mini Mac & Cheese, kid-friendly Chicken Tenders and a quinoa or farro salad.
Activities for the kids and kidults on Washington Street
- Arts & Crafts with Creatively Wild
- Arts & Crafts with Eladia’s Kids
- Tattoos (and glitter ones too!) with RECESS DUMBO
- Arts & Crafts with Smack Mellon
- Fire Safety Education with FDNY
- Rock Climbing wall courtesy of NYPD
Bar at Gleason’s Gym
Check out this legendary gym’s new location in the neighborhood, grab a Radeburger beer and bid on Silent Auction items.
Silent Auction at Gleason’s Gym
Support PS307 & Dock Street School by bidding on DUMBO-fabulous items from Shinola, City Chemist, Brooklyn Arts Council, Powerhouse, Blanc & Rouge and more.
On Demand Print-Your-Own photobooth!
Luster will on hand with their hashtag printers, printing your #DUMBODrop Instagram posts, instantly, for free!
+ After Party in the Archway
DUMBO’s own Japanese Pop Band, Gaijin a Go Go, is playing a very special reunion show for us! Performance at 7pm + DJ Pablo takes us through ’till 9pm.
The Great DUMBO Drop is supported by