Business + Services
Don’t have Valentine’s plans yet? Read this!
What do you mean you haven’t nailed down your Valentine’s Day plans yet? Never fear – DUMBO offers a plethora of romantic (and just plain fun) options for date day / night / month:
- Atrium: Romantic 4-course prix-fixe menu with an optional wine pairing. Reserve here. $80/person, wine pairing $40.
- Brooklyn Central. Get your sweetie a membership to DUMBO’s own photography studio! Membership perks include free access to Friday Events, Sunday Crits, priority booking to REALTALK discussions, Guest Passes, studio time, discounts and tons more. Bonus: first month is free! $varied.
- Havyn Spa. Pamper yourself at Havyn. Option One: Deep pore cleansing facial with roses over geranium mask, finishing off with Brazilian wax ($150); Options Two: Deep pore cleansing facial with roses over geranium mask, Brazilian, underarm, half leg wax ($180); or Option Three: Deep pore cleansing facial with roses over geranium mask, Brazilian, Underarm, Full Leg, and Stomach wax ($180).
- RECESS DUMBO: Drop off the kiddos on Tuesday, February 14 from 5:30-9 (!) pm. They can have their Valentine’s fun while you have yours! Details here. (Plus Craft Day on 2/9, Class-Valentines-Day on 2/10, and fingerprinting-Frames-Day on 2/13.
- Superfine. Dine on Chef Laura Taylor’s magnificent menu while being serenaded by sultry standards from The Lounge Leader (three sets, beginning at 7pm.)
Plus, be sure to check out DUMBO-based jewelry designer Lauren Wimmer’s trunk show at TRUNK (February 10-14th, plus 15% off storewide), the Avon Beauty Pop Up Shop at Vedazzling Accessories (February 11th from 2-6pm, plus 20% off storewide through Feb 16th) and stop by Rococo Design, where everything is 10% off from Feb 10 – 14th.
Prefer a treat for your sweetie? Blanc and Rouge and Mouth have great selections of Brut Rosés, or try chocolates from Foragers and Jacques Torres, or Sweetheart Meringues from One Girl Cookie. What about a signed piece of art from Creativebloch (comes with every pledge over $25 to their Emerging Artist Magazine campaign), a personalized commissioned drawing from Natchie, or a heartfelt card from Powerhouse? Or gorgeous Malachite Stone necklace from Emerald Gem Exchange, red bike accessories from Redbeard Bikes (they’re 10% off!), rejuvenating bath salts from Melati Bath and Body, or a beautiful necklace, diamond earrings, or scented candles from AHA Front.
And there’s always a beautiful bouquet of flowers from La Catrina, our new neighborhood flower shop on Plymouth!
With 100+ shops to explore in DUMBO, you’re bound to find something for your loved one (or for you — we’ll never tell!) in the neighborhood this Valentine’s Day. And when you shop local, you’re showing love to our local small business community.
Most locations accept the #DUMBOVIP Card. Look for our new, snazzy #VIP decal in windows of participating shops to guide you through the neighborhood. And be sure to check out new and updated offers at La Catrina Flower Studio, Havyn Skincare and Spa, Shadowbox, Untamed Sandwiches, Taco Dumbo, Recycle a Bicycle and Rococo Design.