Tech + Creative
This Wednesday is All About Startups in DUMBO
DUMBO, startup your engines! This Wednesday, April 25th, DUMBO will be host to two startup events on one evening.
After the success of the innagural D3, aka DUMBO Demo Day, the second installment of D3 (click here for tickets) will be taking place at the NYU Poly Incubator (20 Jay Street, #312) this Wednesday, April 25th starting at 6:15pm. Following the schedule of the first event, there will be time for networking and presentations by featured startups. This week you can check out presentations from the following companies:
- FocusLab.io: Based at the NYU-Poly Incubator, FocusLab helps developers easily build and manage smarter, more personal web apps.
- GigBeat.fm: GigBeat is your guide to livemusic, wherever you are. No need to work through overloaded band pages anymore just to stay up to date with your favorite artist’s tours and gigs. GigBeat hooks up with your favorite networks and delivers your next live music event right to your Android device.
- MySocialCloud: Time to lose the sticky notes and spreadsheets. MySocialCloud is an online web application that allows you to manage your online life in one simple “cloud”—your secure entry point to the online world.
- in8 Mobile: Headquartered at their office in 20 Jay Street, in8 Mobile provides mobile content and services to users through music and visual recognition technology.
- Underground Eats: Underground Eats offers diners access to exclusive and interesting dining events. Diners have the opportunity to enjoy specialty meals and events with the kind of access previously reserved for VIPs.
The second event is the DUMBO Startup Lab’s Open House Mixer Event at 8pm at 68 Jay Street, #718 (get tickets here). This is your chance to check out the Lab’s new space, meet some of NYC’s top entrepreneurs, freelancers and investors and listen to guest speaker, Steve Berg of RTP Ventures. Berg will be there to discuss NYC as an environment for startups, Brooklyn as a tech hub, what needs to be done to foster the startup environment in Brooklyn, and what Berg, as an investor, looks for in an investment. You can get a preview of his talk here.
Before you head over to the mixer, you can enter for a chance to win a 3 month membership to the DUMBO Startup Lab. They’ll be giving away the membership to 4 applicants and the winners will be announced at the Wednesday event.
Image via DUMBO Startup Lab.