Stock Up For Spring!
Slowly but surely the weather is getting warmer and it is almost time to completely shed those bulky winter coats we’ve all been dragging around. What better way to celebrate springs almighty (albeit late) arrival then by taking a walk around town and checking out the local stores and boutiques to see what’s new for spring? We’ve all come out of hibernation and everyone is celebrating! Here’s the latest news and events that are going on in DUMBO’s local retail merchandiser’s:
- Aegir Boardworks: Right in time for nicer weather, check out the newest shoe styles for men and women from Vision Street Wear + Aegir just received a fresh shipment of women’s dresses, tees and tanks from Arbor Girls.
- Brooklyn Industries: Here are three great pieces of information you should know about. New arrivals for spring have come to Brooklyn Industries. Buy one full-priced item get one item 50% off sitewide in stores & online. Plus, stock up for spring with an extra 30% off already reduced merchandise. Even cooler? Enter this year’s t-shirt design contest and you could win a $400 gift card, your design on a Brooklyn Industries graphic t-shirt and a party in your honor.
- Modern Anthology: Modern Anthology will be hosting an event with The Collective Quarterly, a new print publication focusing on travel, and exploring the hidden, out-of-the corners of the globe. The event is from 6-9 on this Thursday April 10th at their Dumbo storefront, located at 68 Jay Street. They will be serving some Texas Shiner Bock Brews, and some Mixed Drinks featuring Art in the Ages Liquor.
- NOS Boutique: NOS proudly introduces Shades of Grey, their new spring 2014 collection + New Arrivals from Bec & Bridge have hit the shelves.
- Trunk: Trunk is hosting a trunk show (no pun intended) on April 11-13 for vintage inspired, swimwear designer K Belo. Need a cute swimsuit that is also functional? Diane Belgrod designs her collection with the lady surfer, swimmer and sailor in mind. In keeping with Trunk’s “made local” theme, K Belo proudly manufactures her collection on Long Island, near the beaches of her childhood. Meet the designer! Diane will be at Trunk Friday April 11 and Sunday April 13. During the show all K Belo swimsuits will be 10% off! Plus while you’re there, check out Trunk’s new spring styles.
- Also, welcome Mel En Stel to the neighborhood! Check out the new shop right on Front St. (145 Front St Shops).
Image courtesy of Trunk.