Shop DUMBO on Small Business Saturday Nov 29
First there was Black Friday. Then came Cyber Monday. Our favorite shopping day? Small Business Saturday.
Founded by American Express in 2010, Small Business Saturday — the first Saturday after Thanksgiving — is dedicated to supporting small businesses across the country. And from bookstores to bakeries to boutiques, DUMBO’s mom-and-pop retailers offer a stunning selection of unique gifts for every taste and budget.
(Added bonus: for every dollar you spend at a locally-owned business, 68% is reinvested in the local economy. A real win-win.)
Be sure to check out these great deals:
- Bridgestone Cleaners (109 Front Street) — 20% off for all new customers
- Brooklyn Roasting Company (25 Jay) — Subscribe and save with Coffee of the Month or Seasonal Sampler. Plus in-store only, buy two tins and get a third for 50% off
- Calabar Imports (141 Front) — Great deals on African, Asian and South American fashion, jewelry and crafts.
- Dabney Lee (45 Washington) — Free hot chocolate bar all day, plus hosting an Etsy designer.
- Foragers (56 Adams) — Free hot apple cider!
- Journey (72 Front Street) — 15% off all furniture (except BDI Furniture) all weekend
- NOS Boutique (81 Front) — 15% off regular priced goods and an Additional 30% off sale goods.
- Powerhouse Arena (37 Main Street) — 30% off books published by powerHouse Books and their POW! kids books
- Trunk (68 Jay Street) — 15% Post-Thanksgiving sale Nov 28-Nov 31, plus warm up free hot chocolate and hot cide