Picks for Creative Week’s DUMBO Line-Up
In case you haven’t heard, Creative Week is bringing quite the line-up to DUMBO next week: thought leadership for three days at Galapagos, GE’s live hologram experience (free and open to the public!) on Water Street, the Celebrate Brooklyn Creative Week Digital DUMBO Party hosted by HUGE, and the One Club’s unConference all day Thursday at 111 Front.
Our recommendations below and see the entire DUMBO line-up with our handy Creative Week Itinerary on the Decoder.
- GE unveils a live hologram experience: THROTTLE UP (11am – 9pm – free and open to the public, May 7-11). This is an extraordinary feat which transcends Creative Week. It is a massive installation being constructed at 56 Water Street, just around the corner from the Galapagos. This is an incredibly leading edge happening of Disney Epcot proportions. You are absolutely encouraged and invited to come and visit THROTTLE UP. It will inspire, enlighten and thrill all that experience what GE has contributed to Creative Week. This is like the Gates in Central Park, you’ll regret missing it . . . So don’t miss it.
- Creative Week Celebrates Brooklyn blowout Wednesday night with DJ Reach (May 9) with Creative Week partners at HUGE and Digital DUMBO.
- Creative Week – Brooklyn’s Finest Creatives Roundtable – Wednesday at 9am – featuring DUMBO’s own David Schwarz, HUSH; Mike Lebowitz, Big Spaceship; Andrew Zolty, Breakfast Jonathan Hills, Domani Studios; and Joe Stewart, HUGE.
- Jim Henson’s Creature Shop – Monday at Galapagos
- Morgan Spurlock – Monday at Galapagos
- Art & Corny – a Cornelius Trunchpole documentary premier – Wednesday at Galapagos
See the entire DUMBO line-up with our handy Creative Week Itinerary on the Decoder.
For tickets, head to the Creative Week registration page and be sure to use the promo code: “GOdumbo12” for 15% off the Passport (including all events and awards shows City-wide); 25% off the Thought Leadership Week Pass (at Galapagos Art Space and in Manhattan); 25% off the single day Thought Leadership Pass; 25% off the Creative unConference (at 111 Front Street in DUMBO).
Photo from the Throttle Up Tumblr.