It’s Halloween in DUMBO! (DUM-BOO!?!)
Hurricane Sandy may have curbed local Halloween celebrations last fall, but there’s plenty happening in and around the neighborhood this year! On October 31, the DUMBO BID sponsors storefront trick-or-treating for the little ones from 4-7PM, along with FREE arts activities from Creatively Wild Art Studio and a Boothify photobooth in the Archway from 3-6PM. [Note: Updated October 30]
Here’s a full run-down of Oct 31 events:
- Trick or Treating in DUMBO: 40+ local shops open their doors and dole out candy to costume-sporting children. Shop while your little one stocks up on candy! Click here for map of participating shops. 4–7pm
- Flea Food + Archway Lunch Concert: My Idiot Friends. Enjoy an unplugged performance from My Idiot Friends, a Brooklyn-based three-piece folk punk band featuring Studiomates’ own Larry Legend. Plus, delicious eats from your favorite Flea Food under the Archway vendors, Anthi’s Greek, Cemita’s, Chickpea & Olive, Landhaus, Luke’s Lobster, Mamselles Teas & Tarts and Rice & Miso. 12-3pm
- dd:OUTPOST: Check out Digital DUMBO’s awesome new space and grab a drink and some candy. Costumes encouraged! 45 Main Street #810, 12-3pm.
- Halloween Kids Party & Parade: Head to Brooklyn Roasting for a Halloween Family Bash featuring Preschool of Rock, free hot chocolate and maple milk and prizes for best costumes. At 4:30, a live music parade will march around DUMBO.
- El Dia de los Muertos at Gran Electrica: This Day of the Dead party features food and drink, a traditional Mexican brass marching band and moonlit dancing under the Brooklyn Bridge. 5 Front Street. Dinner from 6-10:30pm, Fiesta at 9pm.
- Brooklyn Roasting Halloween Bash: Free Boos and beers, plus live DJ, dancing, apple bobbing and costume contest. 25 Jay Street. 8-Midnight.
- White Wave Halloween Costume Dance Party: A free costume dance party following the 2013 Wave Rising performance. Mingle with performers and choreographers and arrive in costume for two free drinks. 25 Jay Street. 7:30pm
- Dish Halloween Party: DUMBO’s newest restaurant serves up Mediterranean eats and treats in the courtyard. 81 Washington Street. 3-8pm.