Holiday Preview: Small Business Saturday in DUMBO
First there was Black Friday. Then came Cyber Monday. Now the DUMBO Improvement District, American Express and NYC are teaming up to promote the 2nd annual Small Business Saturday on November 26th, with over 50 places throughout the neighborhood to use your AmEx. Look for the DUMBO Small Business Saturday poster in the door or check out our Facebook page for a complete list of participating DUMBO retailers.
The details: On the Saturday after Thanksgiving (you will have had 2 days to sleep off the turkey/ tofurkey), American Express is offering a one-time $25 AmEx credit to customers who spend more than $25 at a local Small Business. As an AmEx member, all you have to do is register here (click the “Register Card” link on the Small Business Saturday Facebook Page) prior to Small Business Saturday.
Here are a few DUMBO highlights that we’ve heard about to check out when you’re out and about on Small Business Saturday:
- Brooklyn Industries: 25% off all Outerwear and $25 off any BK Appliqué hoodie
- Modern Anthology: Free gift (Suede+Smoke candle) with any purchase of $250 or more
- Trunk: Gold Star Holiday Sale Starts: Corrente bags 25% off and other locally made leather goods at 15%-25% off.
- Olga Guanabara: 5-10% off selected items
- Vedazzling Accessories (in the Shops at 145 Front): 25% off on all items
- Anthesis Organic Skincare (in the Shops at 145 Front): 15% off on all items
- Calabar Imports (in the Shops at 145 Front): 10% off all items and a Trunk Show featuring Z Charles Creations
- Ehvonnae (in the Shops at 145 Front): 30% off selected items & a Baggu gift with purchase and free shipping for online orders
- iDK Style Therapy (in the Shops at 145 Front): 25% off all items, plus a mix CD with any purchase
You can also shop locally for your Christmas tree, holiday wreath and other festive decorations (and fresh maple syrup!) in DUMBO. Starting the week after Thanksgiving, the Archway will host a straight-from-Vermont tree and wreath sale with Adam Parke. Pre-orders, which can be delivered to your home or office, are available now. To pre-order, call (347) 251-0758 or email parkeadam(at)hotmail.com. You can get more information on Adam’s trees here. Adam will also be offering a tree removal service after the holidays on January 6 – 8. The trees he removes will become mulch for the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens.