Fourth of July Temporary Closures
Everyone’s excited for July 4 this year because…. the fireworks are back on the East River!! While DUMBO’s got a front seat to all of the action, some planning is needed.
The operation changes and street closures listed below have been determined by the City of New York / NYPD. Please plan all celebrations accordingly. Note that these rules are subject to change by NYPD:
How to watch the fireworks:
- Viewing area entrances for Brooklyn Bridge Park will be Pier 1 (Old Fulton Street and
- Furman Street) and Pier 6 (Atlantic Avenue and Furman Street).
- Macy’s Fireworks will take place on the East River from 9:20 pm to 9:45 pm
- Brooklyn Bridge will have one Brooklyn bound lane closed starting on 7/2/14.
- The Brooklyn Heights Promenade and Brooklyn Bridge Park will have various entrance locations. (EVERYONE IS SUBJECT TO BAG CHECKS).
- Taxi Ferry will run tentatively until 5 p.m. (Time subject to change)
Starting at 4pm:
- DUMBO will be limited to vehicular traffic: from the intersection of Jay Street an York Street, north to the waterfront and west to Old Fulton Street. Residents seeking to bring their vehicles into their buildings should show ID.
- Any streets east of Jay Street will remain open at all times.
- Any vehicles traveling on any W/B streets in Brooklyn Heights will not be allowed to go beyond Hicks Street. All N/B and S/B streets will remain open to traffic.
The following streets will have no parking starting at midnight on 7/4/14:
- Joralemon St-Furman St to Court St
- Montague St-Hicks St to Columbia Heights
- Columbia Heights-Remsen St to Old Fulton St
- Water St-Main St to Old Fulton St
- Middagh St–Cadman Plaza West to Dead End
- Cranberry St-Columbia Heights to Hicks St
- Vine St-Columbia Heights to Hicks St
- Cadman Plaza West-Tillary St to Furman St
- BROOKLYN BRIDGE WILL BE CLOSED TO VEHICLES IN BOTH DIRECTIONS COMMENCING AT 5 P.M.
- THE BROOKLYN, WILLIAMSBURG AND MANHATTAN BRIDGE FOOTPATHS WILL BE CLOSED TO PEDESTRIANS AND BIKES.
The following areas of Brooklyn Bridge Park will be closed or will close early: Pier 5 B.B.Q. will be closed all day; Pop-up Pool, Soccer Fields, Children’s Park and Volleyball court will be open tentatively.