Essence Street Style Block Party Rocked the Archway
ESSENCE, the number one media company dedicated to African-American women, invited all fashionistas to its 2nd annual ESSENCE Street Style Block Party, on Sunday September 13. The event took place from noon – 5pm–during New York Fashion Week!
The event—which brings one of the brand’s most popular editorial franchises to life—celebrates real women with head-turning style during a day-long celebration.
Throughout the outdoor extravaganza, the ESSENCE Street Style Block Party will feature a mix of music, fashion, art and culture, including:
- A special appearance by actress Gabrielle Union, a live musical performance by R&B singing sensation Andra Day, and a music mash-up by DJ Olivia Dope and Tiff McFierce
- A runway show showcasing the best of street style, co-hosted by ESSENCE Live host Dana Blair
- Local vendors and designers via the Street Style Shops and Essence Eats, as well as a curated local food truck experience
- Designer Capsule Collections from Chevrolet; massages, makeup touch-ups and more in the SheaMoisture Beauty Lounge; and closet organization tips from The Home Depot
- Plus, face painting and Home Depot kid’s clinics in the Kids Zone!
Partners for the ESSENCE Street Style Block Party include Chevrolet, SheaMoisture and The Home Depot. Chevrolet will partner with up-and-coming designers to create a capsule collection inspired by Chevrolet. Up and coming designers will be mentored by Street Style alum, designer Ron Bass. In addition, attendees can experience SheaMoisture’s beauty lounge at the Street Style Block Party with trend-setting hair, makeup and skincare consultations via the SheaMoisture mobile beauty pod. SheaMoisture will also provide mini massages and hair styling. The Home Depot joins as a new sponsor sharing tips and tricks to organizing your closet with live closet activations and social engagement.
For more information, visit Essence.com/streetstyle. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @essencemag, Essence Online on Facebook and #ESSENCEStyle to see Street Style Block Party looks and photos.