DUMBO-WEEN! Tricks, Treats & Family Fun Oct 31
Sure, the Greenwich Village may have its parade, but this year DUMBO’s got the Halloween family scene on lock. Here’s what’s happening:
- Lunchtime in the Archway (12-3pm) – Food from our favorite Smorgasburg vendors, plus live music and beer & wine at The Lighthouse.
- Costume Contest + Halloween Parade Kickoff (4pm) – Gather at Brooklyn Roasting Co (25 Jay Street) to hear owner Jim Munson regale the “Story of the Jack O’Lantern” and enjoy beverages and candy. Little ones will be entered to win a prize ($50 gift certificate from Two Kids and a Dog!) for best costume.
- March to the Arch! (4:45) – Costumed characters leave Brooklyn Roasting Co and parade through DUMBO’s streets en route to the Archway under the Manhattan Bridge.
- Pumpkin Coloring (5-6pm) – DUMBO’s children’s shop Two Kids and a Dog (65 Pearl Street) hosts free pumpkin coloring and painting outside the store.
- Halloween Party in the Archway (5-7pm) – Free kid-friendly arts activities from DUMBO’s own Creatively Wild Art Studio, photobooth, Tattly tattoos, music and lots and lots of candy — all free and open to the public. (Plus beer and wine specials at The Lighthouse for Mom and Dad.)
- Trick-or-Treat (4-7pm) – Grab your pumpkin bucket! The DUMBO BID sponsors storefront trick-or-treating for the little ones from 4-7pm. For details and list of participating businesses, click here.
To see photos from last year’s Halloween festivities in DUMBO, click here.