DUMBO Lights the Shore Oct 29
On October 29, the DUMBO Improvement District, in partnership with the Brooklyn Longterm Recovery Group, joins waterfront neighborhoods across Brooklyn in hosting a candlelight vigil to commemorate the one-year anniversary of Superstorm Sandy. Join us for a moment of silence as we reflect on the storm’s impact and recognize our collective recovery efforts.
Community members are invited to meet at the Main Street entrance to Brooklyn Bridge Park at 7:15pm. Candles will be lit at 7:45, marking the time Sandy made landfall. Candles will be provided.
Other participating neighborhoods include:
- Brighton Beach: 3300 Surf Avenue
- Canarsie: Canarsie Park, 84th Street & Seaview Avenue
- Coney Island: Stillwell & Boardwalk
- Gerritsen Beach: 3085 Gerritsen Avenue
- Red Hook: Verona Street and Richard Street and 1 Beard Street
- Sea Gate: Beach 42nd Street and Surf Avenue
- Sheepshead Bay: 2801 Emmons Avenue