DUMBO is Getting a Tech Cleanse September 19-20
Broken keyboards. Non-functioning laptop chargers. Flip phones. These might be some unwanted items taking up space in your office — or the back of your closet. A new season is creeping around the corner, and you’ll have an opportunity to put some spring cleaning into work!
The DUMBO Improvement District is partnering with the Lower East Side Ecology Center to host our second DUMBO Tech Cleanse: E-Waste Recycling next week, and you’ll have the opportunity to recycle your unwanted electronics correctly. (Our March event collected over 6,266 lbs of e-waste — clearly we have some tech hoarders in the neighborhood!)
Stop by with your electronics on Friday, September 19, 11AM – 3PM, under the Archway and listen to some sweet tunes during your lunch break. You can also come out to the Pearl Street Plaza on Saturday, September 20, 10AM – 3PM, where LES Ecology Center will have a truck there to take the e-waste off your hands. Some guidelines in properly preparing your electronics are found below.
The following working and non-working equipment will be accepted:
• Computers (laptops & desktops, servers, mainframes)
• Printers, scanners, fax-machines, copiers
• Network devices (routers, hubs, modems, etc.)
• Peripherals (keyboards, mice, cables, cords, chargers, etc.)
• Tablets and E-readers
• Components (hard drives, CD-ROMs, circuit boards, power supplies, etc.)
• TVs, VCRs, DVRs, & DVD Players
• Digital Converter Boxes, Cable/Satellite Receivers
• Portable music players
• Audio-visual equipment
• Cell phones, pagers, PDAs
• Telecommunication (phones, answering machines, etc.)
We cannot accept home appliances such as microwaves, refrigerators, or air conditioners and we also cannot accept ionization smoke detectors or carbon monoxide detectors (those that are labeled as containing radioactive material).
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.