DUMBO is Getting a Tech Cleanse September 17
Broken keyboards. Fried laptop chargers. Smashed smartphones. Black and white televisions. These might be some unwanted items taking up space in your office — or the back of your closet.
Did you know that responsible disposal of unwanted electronics not only safeguards the environment and your personal data, but is also mandatory? As of January 1, 2015 it is illegal for NYC residents to dispose of their electronics in the regular trash, and residents now face a $100 fine.
As we head into a new season it’s time to tackle your e-waste! We’ve got just thing: DUMBO Improvement District is partnering with the Lower East Side Ecology Center to host our fourth DUMBO Tech Cleanse: E-Waste Recycling event! Here’s your chance to recycle those unwanted electronics responsibly.
Stop by the Pearl Street Plaza with your electronics on Thursday, September 17, 1PM – 7PM, where LES Ecology Center will have a truck there to take the e-waste off your hands.
The following working and non-working equipment will be accepted:
• Computers (laptops & desktops, servers, mainframes)
• Printers, scanners, fax-machines, copiers
• Network devices (routers, hubs, modems, etc.)
• Peripherals (keyboards, mice, cables, cords, chargers, etc.)
• Tablets and E-readers
• Components (hard drives, CD-ROMs, circuit boards, power supplies, etc.)
• TVs, VCRs, DVRs, & DVD Players
• Digital Converter Boxes, Cable/Satellite Receivers
• Portable music players
• Audio-visual equipment
• Cell phones, pagers, PDAs
• Telecommunication (phones, answering machines, etc.)
Note: The LES Ecology Center cannot accept home appliances (such as microwaves, refrigerators, or air conditioners), or ionization smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors (those that are labeled as containing radioactive material).
Can’t make the event? Drop off e-waste any Tuesday through Saturday at the Gowanus eWaste Warehouse 469 President St, Brooklyn, NY 11215
Questions? Contact email@example.com.