DUMBO is for Lovers
No need to stray far in the winter weather. Stay warm and shop local this Valentine’s Day. Here are a handful of ideas …
- RESTAURANTS Feb 14 offerings … 7 Old Fulton – special menu $25pp; Almar (111 Front) – special menu items; Atrium Dumbo – four course menu $75pp, with optional wine pairing $40; Gran Electrica (5 Front Street) – four course menu $55pp; Shake Shake (1 Old Fulton) – Buy one shake, get second one free; Superfine (126 Front) – Valentine’s Supper Club featuring three live sets by The Lounge Leader performing their gorgeous renditions of 1940s – 1960s standards.
DJ DuctTape spins the sweet vibes between sets and into the night. Special a la Carte Menu. Reservations encouraged. Walk-ins accepted when possible (718) 243-9005; The Bridges (66 Water) – drink specials all day.
- CARDS Never underestimate the power of a thoughtful card. Lovely stationary selection at Dabney Lee (45 Washington) and Stewart/Stand (141 Front).
- SWEETS Novelty chocolate items at Dewey’s Candy (141 Front Street); scandalous “Spank Me” lollipops from Jacques Torres (66 Water Street); breakfast in bed-worthy pastries from Almondine (85 Water Street) and DUMBO Kitchen (108 Jay); cupcakes from One Girl Cookies (33 Main).
- GIFTS Roses from Gramercy Park Flowers (32 Adams Street); spa treatment from Green Stone Spa (133 Water Street) or Flora Nails & Spa (57 Front); luxurious threads from Nos Boutique (81 Front); make music with a new instrument from Absolute Piano (142 Plymouth Street); tickets to critically-acclaimed Vampire love story Let the Right One In at St. Ann’s Warehouse (29 Jay); locally made jewelry at Trunk (68 Jay); new wheels from Redbeard Bikes (69 Jay); organic sheets from West Elm (75 Front); scented candles from West Elm Market (50 Washington); beard oil from Modern Anthology (68 Jay); Eyedrop Optique’s (84 Front) sweetheart sale offer buy one get one half off, plus 20% off all prescription sunglasses and 50% off select eyeglass frames.
- DATE Take a spin on Jane’s Carousel (open 11am-6pm). Or sign up for a private Valentine party at Creatively Wild Art Studio (33 Washington) – $140 for two hour session. Art materials and bubbly included. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for info.
- POPPING THE QUESTION It doesn’t get much better than the YES! murals Jay Street. Take a note from this couple.
With 100+ shops to explore in the neighborhood, you’re bound to find something for your sweetheart (or for you — we’ll never tell). And when you shop local, you’re showing love to our local small business community. Scope out the full list of businesses at DUMBO.is/Places.