Come Out & Play: After Dark in DUMBO July 17
The annual Come Out & Play festival returns to the Archway under the Manhattan Bridge Archway on July 17th from 7:00 – 10:30 PM!
For a second year, Come Out and Play After Dark will turn the streets of DUMBO into an arcade, with social party games, large physical video games and wild new street games, including:
- DOOR. a 2+ player cooperative platformer where you find and draw the level as you play it. Players must work together through searching and drawing a map of the level to succeed.
- MUSCLEBOUND GLORY. Musclebound Glory is about channeling your inner 80s action hero and crafting the perfect kill line. You’ll don berets, bandoliers, and Ray Bans to deliver your lines in style.
- OUTSIDE LINE. Drawing inspiration from film classics like Speed, The Maltese Falcon and Scream, Outside Line is a private adventure in a public space, a live action game where you play the hero. Players are plunged into fast-paced, genre-hyped role-plays, with a mobile telephone as their only lifeline.
- RAINBODISKOR. An homage to the Dada and Fluxus art movements, RainboDisko is a tabletop game for 2+ players to be played on an operating record player. This is a game of speed, dexterity, and anarchy.
- ROSE MACBETH. A blindfolded knife fight in a graveyard. For two teams of 2 and up to 6 ghosts.
- SYNCHRON SHOWDOWN. A playful battle on a light projected colored chess-like floor where players in teams of two compete against each other in timed turns, while playing their respective roles.
- VETERINARIANS HOSPITAL: RUFF DAY. Armed only with a lab coat, stethoscope, and your charming smile, use a variety of emergency lifesaving procedures to prevent Bark the dog from having a ruff day.
After Dark is free and open to the public. Sign up for each game is on a first-come, first-served basis the evening of the 17th.