Celebrate the Fourth of July in DUMBO!
Show off your red, white and blue in DUMBO this weekend for the Fourth of July! Plan your trip to DUMBO and the waterfront here.
There are lots of great places to celebrate Independence Day in the neighborhood, and delicious food and drink specials to take advantage of:
- 68 Jay Street Bar has Summer Ale cans for $4 from 3 – 7pm.
- The Bridges is hosting a special Burlesque Below the Bridge July Fourth Spectacular, with burlesque stars, aerialists and jugglers. Doors at 8:30; show at 9:45pm.
- Olympia Wine Bar will be serving up $6 sangria from 4-7pm.
- One Girl Cookies will be selling pulled pork sandwiches and red, white & blue cupcakes.
- Luke’s Lobster and No. 7 Sub (both conveniently located in Brooklyn Bridge Park) will remain open until 8 PM
- Shake Shack will be serving the Shack Corn Dog–only available three times a year!– and a Blueberry Pie Oh My Concrete, vanilla frozen custard blended with a slice of delicious Shack-made blueberry pie.
- Dumbo Kitchen will have happy hour specials all day.
- Trunk will be hosting a “Summer of Love” sale. From July 1 – July 5 all dresses and hats are 20% off and all jewelry is 10% off.
When 9pm rolls around, make sure you’re in a seat to watch the fireworks over the East River! Brooklyn Bridge Park is the number one place to be, but be ready to stake out your seat hours in advance (and follow some other rules). Other options include the Brooklyn Heights Promenade and the city streets themselves.
To help you plan your day, we’ve put together a list of all street closures and operations changes you need to know, as well as good spots to watch the show here.
Plan ahead and check out Macy’s map of the fireworks barges below:
Happy 4th of July, DUMBO!
Photo by flickr user Barry Yanowitz