DUMBO Gets Craftacular May 4
The DUMBO Improvement District is a proud sponsor of BUST Magazine’s Spring Craftacular and Food Fair @ DUMBO, which will set up shop in the Archway under the Manhattan Bridge and Pearl Street Triangle on May 4 from 11am-6pm.
Building on DUMBO’s celebrated DIY maker culture, this award-winning festival will feature a selection of handmade and vintage stalls, seasonal sips and snacks, and hands-on activities for all ages, raffle prizes, and soul tunes.
Here’s a preview of what’s on tap:
- Make It For Mom: Visitors are invited to get in on the action with a daylong lineup of craft workshops, including cluster earrings with Tracie Campbell of Brooklyn Charm, an “I <3 Mom” needlepoint with Diana Rupp of Make Workshop, terrarium-making with Twig Terrariums, and zodiac embroidery with Jessica Marquez of Miniature Rhino. Young crafters are welcome to join in kid-friendly cobblery with Sharon Raymond of Simple Shoemaking and lap looming with Isa Rodrigues of Textile Arts Center.
- Local Buys From Local Guys (and Gals!): Visitors will treat Mom (or themselves) to an eclectic mix of affordable, hand-crafted goods and gifts, including eye-catching metal collars from LAB by Laura Busony, ginscented vegan lotion from Sideshow Soap Co., and hand-screened Game of Thrones tees from Fencing & Archery. Vintage lovers will flip for reworked treasures from Rekover and Clare Bare, and beauty fanatics will flock to DIOSA for seasonal nail art.
- Fun for the Whole Family: Young crafters can make simple craft projects at the MailChimp Kids Zone; kids of all ages can snap and send a free Mother’s Day postcard at the Postography Photobooth.
- Hot Wheels: Cyclists are encouraged to bring their wheels for a complimentary tune-up at the Polaris Pop-Up Bike Shop. In addition, Polaris will also be offering free test rides on the eco-friendly (and wicked cool) Polaris E-Bike!
- Community-Crafted Snacks and Sips: Hungry shoppers can sample delicious offerings from over 15 food and drink carts in the Red Jacket Orchards Food Truck Food Court, including Thai noodles from Mamu, locally made hot dogs from Snap, and fantastical frozen treats from Alchemy Creamery. They’ll be serving up tons of vegetarian, vegan, and kid-friendly options to be enjoyed in a delightful open-air seating area.