Art + Culture
BBP “Books Beneath the Bridge” 2014 Series Lineup
The Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy is hosting its third annual Books Beneath the Bridge series featuring six evenings curated by local, independent bookstores at Pier 1’s Granite Prospect. Every Monday evening beginning July 7th, the public will have the opportunity to listen to authors read selections from their works set against the Manhattan skyline.
“We are pleased to be hosting Books Beneath the Bridge again this year as part of our free summer programming lineup,” said Nancy Webster, executive director of the Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy. “This event has quickly become one of our most anticipated programs at the park and we are happy to be welcoming yet another impressive lineup of authors this summer.”
Following each reading, guests will have the chance to ask questions during a Q&A session and meet the authors during a book signing. In addition, some readings will feature music and group drawing sessions. All programs are free and open to the public.
Check out the series lineup below!
- Monday, July 7: Freebird Bookstore
- Liberty’s Torch: The Great Adventure to Build the Statue of Liberty by Elizabeth Mitchell
- Monday, July 14: Greenlight Bookstore
- Monday, July 21: Powerhouse Arena
- My Salinger Year by Joanna Rakoff and The Vacationers by Emma Straub
- Monday, July 28: Community Bookstore Park Slope
- A Night with the Morbid Anatomy Museum: Readings from the Morbid Anatomy Anthology featuring Michelle Legro, Colin Dickey, and Evan Michelson
- Monday, August 4: WORD Brooklyn
- Retelling Tales with Kate Bernheimer and Genevieve Valentine
- Monday, August 11: Bookcourt
- Sackett Street Writers’ Workshop: Marie-Helene Bertino, Scott Cheshire, Robin Elizabeth Black, Courtney Elizabeth Mauk, Julia Fierro
To learn more, visit The Brooklyn Bridge Park’s website!
Image by Julienne Schaer, via Brooklyn Bridge Park.