Business + Services
DUMBO Is for Lovers
Whether you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day, Galentine’s Day, or just plain treating yourself, DUMBO offers a plethora of romantic (and fun!) options for a date day/night/month. Show your loved one, and DUMBO’s 100+ small businesses, some <3.
Make it a date.
- Atrium: Take your sweetie out to dinner right in the center of historic DUMBO. For Valentine’s Day, Atrium is offering a special four-course meal for $85 per person, with an optional wine pairing of $45 per person. Visit their website to reserve a table for you and your date.
- Almar. A classic Italian dinner is always a great way to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Almar is offering many specials for the holiday, including oysters on the half shell, wild boar lasagna, yellow fin tuna, and many more delicacies.
- Celestine. Romance with a view. Enjoy a four-course + an amuse for $85 per person, with suggested a la carte beverage pairings. First seating is at 5:30 pm, and last is at 10:30 pm. Reservations can be made via Resy, by giving us a call on (718) 522-5356, or by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gran Electrica. Cheers with a special cocktail – Tomillo Contigo – featuring Thyme-infused Cimarron Blanco tequila, Bitter Truth elderflower liqueur, lime, blackberry, Bittermans Burlesque bitters, egg white, and a thyme sprig. PLUS festive and romantic dinner specials in addition to their a la carte menu!
- Randolph Beer. If your sweetie is more of an early bird, stop by Randolph Beer for a boozy brunch! Served daily from 11am-5:30 pm, Randolph Beer serves brunch fare and bottomless punch, Bloody Mary’s, and mimosas for a flat price of $41.
- SUGARCANE raw bar grill. SUGARCANE is offering several a la carte specials in addition to their signature All Day menu. Enjoy a date night that takes you and your Valentine on a culinary journey across the globe with specials including Open Fire Grilled Oysters and Surf & Turf Roasted Lobster with New York Strip. Call 718.473.9555 to reserve.
- Superfine. Take your Valentine to this DUMBO mainstay for a fun meal in an artsy space.
- Westville. Eating your veggies is important, and Valentine’s Day is no exception. Getting one of Westville’s signature market vegetable plates with someone you love is a tasty (and healthy!) way to celebrate the day.
- BONUS! Drop off the kiddos at RECESS DUMBO Friday, February 16 from 5:30-8:30 pm. They can have their Valentine’s fun while you have yours. Details here.
- EcoMaids. Give your sweetheart the day off and let EcoMaids do the cleaning! $25 Off Initial Visit. Book by 01/31/2018 and they’ll clean up to 10 interior windows free! Use code: Sweet25. Book here.
- Greenstone Spa. Pamper yourself with 90min customized treatment for $130.
- Havyn Spa. Pamper yourself at Havyn. Option One: Deep pore cleansing facial with roses over geranium mask, finishing off with Brazilian wax ($150); Option Two: Deep pore cleansing facial with roses over geranium mask, Brazilian, underarm, half leg wax ($180); or Option Three: Deep pore cleansing facial with roses over geranium mask, Brazilian, Underarm, Full Leg, and Stomach wax ($180).
Things to Wrap.
- Ad Astra. Pick out a quirky piece of jewelry, clothing in new spring colors, or a fun gift for that special someone.
- Emerald Gem Exchange. Find a special piece of gemstone jewelry for your loved one, and it’ll be sure to make your Valentine smile.
- Fluevog. If you’re looking for a more practical gift for your Valentine, a pair of Fluevog shoes are sure to be very useful, stylish, and comfortable!
- Front General. Do some searching for the perfect vintage gift for your loved one, or a small token of your love from Front General’s extensive array of jewelry and dry goods.
- La Catrina. How about a beautiful bouquet of flowers from La Catrina, our neighborhood flower shop on Plymouth!
- Natchie. Pick out a musically-inspired print or original drawing, produced by Nadia Ackerman, to bring some color and creativity to your sweetie’s Valentine’s Day. (Starting in February, Natchie will be operating as a pop-up shop at Empire Stores on Thursdays-Sundays, from 11am-7pm.)
- Powerhouse Arena. Forgot to get your sweetie a card for Valentine’s Day? Or maybe giving a book is your favorite way to show your love. If so, Powerhouse is your one-stop shop for holiday cards and literary gifts.
- Redbeard Bikes. Buy a Redbeard kit (jersey and bibs), or 2 Redbeard jerseys, get 15% off. Now through 2/15/18.
- Scotch and Soda. Pop into this Amsterdam-inspired retailer to find something unique and fashionable for your Valentine.
- Thea Grant. Mention their 14% discount if shopping in person or use LOVE18 online between now and February 14th for 14% off Valentine purchases!
- Vedazzling Accessories. Stop by this boutique on Front Street to pick up a unique and inspired handbag or piece of jewelry to complement any outfit. 20% off on Valentines Day.
Sweets for your sweetie.
- Almondine. Pick up something sweet for your special someone with Almondine’s selection of classic French pastries.
- Blanc & Rouge. Pop the bubbly with a tint! Blanc & Rouge has a great selection of Brut Rosés. Here’s one to start.
- One Girl Cookies. Choose from red velvet whoopie pies, Chocolate Cinnamon Ganache Cookies, “XO” cookies, Heart Shaped S’mores — or make a box! Or go extra-fancy with tiny Cakes with Pink Ombre Buttercream Frosting (must be ordered two days in advance.) They’ll also have Bud Vases by florist Rachel Sunae to fill out your gift.
- Foragers. If you want to pick up a box of hard-to-find chocolates or unique candy for your loved one, Foragers is the place to do it.
- Jacques Torres. For something sweet, visit Jacques Torres Chocolate for hot chocolate, ice cream sandwiches, and handmade chocolate confections. Check out their limited edition, Valentine’s Day-inspired bonbons, truffle boxes, and other special treats.
- Melt. Try one of Melt’s popular red velvet Lovelet ice cream sandwiches. Originally created as a Valentine’s Day special, this yummy treat is now one of their signature flavors.
- Mouth. Is your darling more on the tiny side? Or maybe it’s simply platonic love! Give just a little lovin’ with this collection of winsome goodies from Mouth.
- Smile To Go. Delicious heart shaped pear cranberry hand pies and raspberry jam Linzer cookies on offer.
- Starbucks. Pick up a Cherry Mocha — hot or iced! — and cake pops or sugar cookies to go.
- York Cellars. Pick up a bottle of wine or spirits to ensure the perfect end to a special day.
When the Experience is the Thing.
- Brooklyn Central. Get your sweetie a membership to DUMBO’s own photography studio! Membership perks include free access to Friday Events, Sunday Crits, priority booking to REALTALK discussions, Guest Passes, studio time, discounts and tons more. Bonus: first month is free! $ varied.
- Brooklyn Historical Society. Mention “Valentine’s Day” at either our Pierrepont or DUMBO locations and get $10 off an Individual or Family/Partner Membership.
- St. Ann’s Warehouse. If your sweetie enjoys seeing plays or musicals, a membership to DUMBO’s coolest theatre is the perfect gift. Membership benefits vary, but members could include discounts on show tickets, advance sales, and free drink coupons! Support your favorite theatre and enjoy a good show, all in one go.
Most locations accept the #DUMBOVIP Card. Look for our snazzy #VIP decal in windows of participating shops to guide you through the neighborhood. You can see all the offers here.