A Fun Mother’s Day in DUMBO
As they say, April showers bring May flowers-and with that, Mother’s Day! Here are a few suggestions on how to make Mother’s Day special in DUMBO:
- Free potted succulent from La Catrina if orders for arrangements are placed by Thursday, May 11. | Place you order in person at 140 Plymouth or by calling (347) 529-5259.
- (Craft) Bouquet making at Spark! Build a beautiful bouquet for Mother’s Day out of paper plates and egg crates. It’s all about flower power! | 1 John St. | Saturday May 13 and Sunday May 14 | TIME
- (Flower) Bouquet Making at La Catrina. Learn to make your own floral arrangements on Saturday , May 6 and gift your design the next day! | 140 Plymouth St | Saturday May 13 | TIME
- Pom Poms and Macrame at DUMBO Baby + Trunk. All day pom pom making class, and macrame class from 9am-12pm. Preregistration is required (with discounts for multiple registrations.) | ADDRESS | Sunday May 14 | TIME
- Mom Appreciation “Hour” at The Lighthouse. Happy hour beer & wine specials for all moms all day at our beer & wine kiosk in the Archway! | Sunday May 14 | Noon – 10pm.
- Browse vintage finds and enjoy tasty treats at The Brooklyn Flea. | Sunday May 14 | 10am – 5pm. from Smorgasburg at Brooklyn Bridge Park’s Pier 5.
- Enjoy a Mother’s Day brunch celebration at Almar, Atrium or Superfine (let Superfine know there’s a mom on your reservation, and she’ll get a complimentary drink!)
- Treat mom to some treats from One Girl Cookies, Almondine or Jacques Torres.
- Visit the classic Jane’s Carousel and take a group picture for mom to remember the special day dedicated to her.