Read this if you don’t have Valentine’s plans yet
What do you mean you haven’t nailed down your Valentine’s Day plans yet? Never fear – DUMBO offers a plethora of romantic (and just plain fun) options:
MAKE A DINNER DATE:
- 66 Water Street: A special prix fixe menu ($49 per person) from Executive Chef John Lemon features indulgent dishes like lobster, duck and double chocolate cake. Seatings at 7pm and 9pm. For reservations, call 718.625.9352.
- AlMar: This neighborhood Italian spot offers a special Valentine’s Day menu. For reservations, call 718.855.5288.
- Gran Electrica: A four course tasking menu ($55 per person) features tasty Mexican treats like Beet Aguachile and Pescado a la Veracruzano, plus drink specials at the bar. For reservations, call 718.852.2700.
- reBar: Forget flowers? Purchase roses here, along with a special prix fixe menu ($45 per person) and additional specials. For reservations, call 718.766.9110.
- Vinegar Hill House: A special prix fixe menu ($95 per person) with recommended wine pairings includes seared beef heart and grilled quail. For reservations, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
DO SOMETHING FUN:
- Abhayayoga: Grab your partner and loosen up with Couples Thai Yoga with Elias Lopez on Feb 16.
- Brooklyn Brew Shop: Erica & Stephen host an evening of beer making and beer tasting on Feb 12. Cheers to many warm nights of cold suds to come!
- Jane’s Carousel: For just $2, you and your beau, bestie or betrothed can enjoy a 2-for-1 spin on the award-winning, Atelier Jean Nouvel-designed attraction all month long. And now that late-night lighting has been restored, take a hand-in-hand stroll through Empire Fulton Ferry on your way.
- Dewey’s Candy Store: Champagne starts flowing at 2pm for candy shoppers and, as always, Dewey’s will be making same-day deliveries in DUMBO.
- One Girl Cookies: Learn the joys of dark chocolate ganache at this special “Chocolate Love” class on Feb 13 and create the perfect treat for your Valentine. To sign up, call 212.675.4996 or email email@example.com.
- Powerhouse Arena: Join your favorite cookbook authors, including One Girl Cookie’s Dawn Casale, for a night of conversation, book signing and cookie swapping on Feb 12.
(For more Cupid-inspired intel, check out our list of local Valentine’s Day gifts and flower-buying tips from Gramercy Park Flower Shop’s Tom Sakas.)