DUMBO Holiday Tree Lighting Dec 12
Join us to ignite some holiday cheer! The DUMBO Improvement District is thrilled to sponsor the 8th Annual DUMBO Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony on Thursday, December 12 from 6-7pm in the Pearl Street Triangle.
Free and open to all, this year’s festivities include:
- DUMBO Firepit. Yes, a firepit. Our latest “DUMBO as test kitchen” project is a wood-burning, hand-warming firepit made by our friends at BioLite. Burning in the Pearl Street Triangle from Dec 12-23, the firepit employs thermoelectric technology that turns heat waste into energy and will power the lights on our holiday tree. Cool, right?
- Calypso music. From Brooklyn-based steel drum band Jah Pan.
- Hot cocoa. Donated by Jacques Torres, DUMBO’s own Mr. Chocolate.
- Photobooth. Smile for Boothify, presented by DUMBO-based Prolific Interactive.
- Yule Log 2.0. 65 designers have re-imagined the traditional yule log. We’re projecting this collection of short films against the Manhattan Bridge.
- Santa Claus. All the way from New Jersey the North Pole.
- Toy drive. Bring an unwrapped toy for a child ages 3 to 10 for Marty Markowitz’s Best of Brooklyn Toy Drive.